Biceps and triceps

alex32595

alex32595

Awards
Looking for something other than the traditional bi and tri workouts for 10 reps, 5 sets of each. Want something new to shock the muscles.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Looking for something other than the traditional bi and tri workouts for 10 reps, 5 sets of each. Want something new to shock the muscles.
I do German Volume Training so right now I do 10 sets of ten reps of barbell curls and 10 sets of ten reps of BW dips. 60-90 second rest in between. I like it a lot

Mystere3

Awards
My arm workout is pretty awesome for that, let me dig it up for you. You only do one set of each exercise. You need to take each exercise to absolute failure. That means you can't budge the weight whatsoever. Use a spotter on skulls and close grip bench press.

Bicep curl "21+". Use your ~10-15 rep max.

7 top half, 7 full, 7 bottom half, followed by full reps to failure

Skulls with whatever your ~10-15 rep max is, drop set to close grip presses.

Drop set incline hammer curls (45 degree bench) use your ~10RM, pull dumbbells 10 and 20 lb lighter.

8 full, 4 half reps, drop 10 lb, then 6 full, drop 10 lb then 8 full, 4 half reps

Weighted dip drop set: 90 lb to failure, drop to 45 lb to failure, drop to bw rl failure.

Quad giant set (use ~10 RM weight)
8 x conc curl, 8 x reverse curl, 8 x curl, 8 x cross body hammer

Close grip bench press drop set:

Start with your 10 RM, but use a 45 and multiple 25 lb plates to make the weight; ie, if your 10 rm is 235, use a 45 and two 25s.

Preacher curl drop set, use plate loaded ez curl bar, start with ~10 rm weight, lift to failure, then two drop sets after dropping 20 lb each time.

Tricep pushdown drop set:
Start with ~10 RM

Push down with pulling apart to failure, then switch to pushing straight down. Then drop 40 lb and go pull apart then push down to failure, then drop 40 and do both again to failure.

Failure for arms is not being able to budge the weight (on close grip spotter is lifting most of the weight) obv be careful on cgbp and skulls.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Close grip bench (stop short of chest for more triceps emphasis), JM press, rolling tricep extensions.

Chin-ups, barbell curls (keep chest up the entire time to keep shoulder girdle aligned), and whatever DB lift you want to throw in.

I'd add in a few sets of something on another day as well. Frequency is a huge factor in hypertrophy.

alex32595

alex32595

Awards
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm going to try all of these and let you know how I like them

TooNatty

Awards
Incline bi curl super set with barbell curls for 5 sets
concentration curls-5 sets
tri rope pull down-5 sets
skull crushers-5 sets
works really good for me!!!

hardcoreguy

Awards
bis tris

Try one biceps exercise than one triceps exercise

Example:

Preacher curls 3x15-20
Rope p/d 3x15-20

Reverse curls 3x8-14
Skull crusher 3x8-12

Seat alt db curl 2x4-6
Close grip bench 2x4-6

Start with higher reps, force the blood. Get the pump. 1st series rest 30 seconds between sets, 2nd series rest 45 seconds and last rest 60 seconds. Go heavier each exercise and you will have a less chance of injury.

Do this 2x a week, every 4th day for a month, than go back to your normal arm routine.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Dumbbell clean and press. Just that, for as heavy as you can manage for as long as you can without vomiting.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I go as heavy as I can for as many reps as I can even if its one and then I go backwards until failure after I take off 10 pounds each time.. so it might go something likes this..

75lbs 1 rep
65 3 reps
55 6 reps
45 10 reps
35 15 reps
25 20 reps

Thats one set, no rest between weights until 25 (lowest weight) take a short water break and rinse and repeat.

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
I do German Volume Training so right now I do 10 sets of ten reps of barbell curls and 10 sets of ten reps of BW dips. 60-90 second rest in between. I like it a lot
Man you must be screaming after that!

I'm about to switch up to a similar volume program myself.

It's time for a change up