bench lower back cramp?

4324downs

Awards
So I didnt take a video during my lift, but I had 330 on the bar. Had a nice arch in my back, ass on matt, shoulder blades pinched and everything tight. Went down for the third rep and my lower back cramp up like crazy. I took taurine 4mg before hand also.

Any reason why this happened or is there something I can take to help prevent this in future?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
It happens to me like 20% of the time. Possibly a tad under-hydrated. I think pushing through with the legs more will help to align things a bit better. Keep the abs tight and belly full. It's when my arch starts to fall apart that I get cramping.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I seem to cramp in legs more, or notice it when I am on creatine.

4324downs

Awards
It happens to me like 20% of the time. Possibly a tad under-hydrated. I think pushing through with the legs more will help to align things a bit better. Keep the abs tight and belly full. It's when my arch starts to fall apart that I get cramping.
Maybe I loosen up without knowning it.. thanks kris

4324downs

Awards
I seem to cramp in legs more, or notice it when I am on creatine.
Thats funny because I got came off a cycle and running my pct which I now am taking creatine again...interestimg

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like you're benching right! It could happen at any time. Try loosening your hip flexors before benching.

4324downs

Awards
Sounds like you're benching right! It could happen at any time. Try loosening your hip flexors before benching.
Thank you herder. Ill def do this.. the body is strange at time a tight front side could have effects on the back side

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
This for sure. And possibly warm up with some extensions or static cable chops...

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
this!!! Get in good rolling and mobility and it will help for sure. Also, push hard through your heels and flex your abs. I notice that if I lose focus on the lower half of my body, I cramp and by bench suffers

4324downs

Awards
Thanks guys. Just got done benching today.. last rep at 330 I had a much better experience. A slight cramp nothing like before so I will continue ti use ur advice and with a few minor adjustments ill b cramp free