squats making a$$ too big

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
OK I have an issue...been doing heavy squats and leg presses a lot..sometimes twice a week...I've seen great quad development..tear drop is lagging a little but it's coming along...anyway my butt is getting to big to the point it's making me self conscious. ..I have to get bigger jeans and a belt cause my waist is smaller...what should I do? Lighter squats for higher reps? I'm 5'10 13% bf 219lbs..

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
So you have a big butt gene. Women love big muscular butts

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
That's what I do. I don't just walk around at work, I strut like a peacock

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Just wear a larger dress.
Your right...best advice I've received...I'll go first thing in the morning and get a bigger size, asking for advice not jokes...pls don't comment if you won't give me advice...I'm not a noob. .

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always get compliments on my big strong hard ass. HAHAHA....! And when you get to my age, most older men, either do not have asses at all, or they are now down on their hams or behind their knees.
I guess you have to decide what is more important, the glute size or the leg work!?
Blocky Boys rule....!!!!!

Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
I've always had this problem. First genetics, then compounded with strength training. I've heard they're making jeans for strength athletes, but I just wear slacks and gym shorts. Gave up on jeans a long time ago. Haha. Old Navy loose fit are the closest thing I can do.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always had this issue and it bothered me when I was young, but then I quickly realized that women love it. You need to be proud of it because 90% of guys are walking around with flat asses and guys or girls...nobody likes that.

Plus it's a sign that you aren't an upper body only chump in the gym.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta agree with what's been said. It's a badge of strength, just like having a thick, wide back. You can tell people you're strong all you want, but strong guys know who's strong just by what's going on in the posterior chain.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife's friends point at my a$$ and tell their husbands/boyfriends that is what their's should like. It's a bit embarrassing sometimes, but it sure drives home how much women love a man with a "squatter's" rump.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Well atleast I'm not the only one...yes women compliment it all the time ha...it gets kind of embarrassing because I feel everyone is looking at it....yes just find it hilarious when dudes are big in the upper body and tiny in the lower body...

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
I know how you feel bro. I was self-conscious about it for a while. I felt like people were always staring. I can only imagine how chicks feel in that position. But hey, the ladies love it

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who'd think we'd be the type to get self conscious about this. LOL

My wife's friend told me that " that thing is just ridiculous.." the other day. I just laughed and told her she'd never get to touch it with that attitude.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Who'd think we'd be the type to get self conscious about this. LOL

My wife's friend told me that " that thing is just ridiculous.." the other day. I just laughed and told her she'd never get to touch it with that attitude.
Haha she can't handle it

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
I know how you feel bro. I was self-conscious about it for a while. I felt like people were always staring. I can only imagine how chicks feel in that position. But hey, the ladies love it
Yep I always feel people are starring at it...I'm going to start running more and see if that will help...