Need new cutting routine

drew18

Awards
I am about to start a stack of alphamax fitmax and alphamine. In the next couple of weeks. And I have been doing the arnold blueprint routine and now I need a routine or cutting. I am planning on doing a lot of cardio. I have looked at some cutting routines but I feel like it's not enough and it's just basic lifts with medium weight high reps. With only like 6 workouts. I am a type of person that likes to bust ass in the gym and work hard. I'v tried starting a routine but when I go do the workouts i still feel like I can do a lot more. Any suggestions would be great.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am about to start a stack of alphamax fitmax and alphamine. In the next couple of weeks. And I have been doing the arnold blueprint routine and now I need a routine or cutting. I am planning on doing a lot of cardio. I have looked at some cutting routines but I feel like it's not enough and it's just basic lifts with medium weight high reps. With only like 6 workouts. I am a type of person that likes to bust ass in the gym and work hard. I'v tried starting a routine but when I go do the workouts i still feel like I can do a lot more. Any suggestions would be great.
You don't necessarily need to change training dramatically for cutting. You could still use the blueprint approach- your lifts may just decrease throughout your cut a bit. Nutrition is the key component in a cut anyways! :)

Derick

Derick

Awards
You might want to try adding some HIT training inbetween your sets or even your reps. So for eg, do one set of exercise then throw in 30 - 60 seconds HIT like burpees or mountain climbers. Also reduce your rest between sets. If
You not that fit yet, do the HIT between different sets for about two minutes, ie, finish bench press and do HIT before moving to incline press.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
There are exceptions to every rule, but most natural lifters will struggle to maintain a high volume training routine while maintaining a caloric deficit as the ability to adequately recover and perform diminishes over time. You can lose weight very quickly, but ensuring that a minimal amount of that weight is actually lean tissue is obviously our priority. With this in mind, one method I've found to be effective is simply eating at maintenance on workout days and using rest days to generate a weekly deficit of 3500-5000 calories. High volume routines have the potential to throw this balance out of whack through the creation of a massive caloric deficit that ultimately diminishes recovery. A low(er) volume routine limited to ~10 sets three or four times per week should allow you to maintain or even slightly increase strength while losing fat assuming your food intake is appropriate (i.e. PRO is always high, CHO high(er) on workout days, FAT higher on rest days).

Of course, this type of program is certainly not the only effective path to fat loss -- I just wanted to share the concept as I've seen it yield significant progress in individuals who had previously floundered under cardio-intensive, high volume training programs.