Machine/dumbbell only

AwesomO

AwesomO

Awards
So i moved to a smaller city/town with a smaller gym which only has machines and PowerBlock dumbbells. Can y'all help me plan a 5 day work out using only those?

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goals?
What are all the machines?
How heavy do the DB's get?

AwesomO

AwesomO

Awards
Goals? What are all the machines? How heavy do the DB's get?
bulk up and gain mass. They have seated chest press, peck deck (reversible for back day), military press, lat pull downs, leg extensions, leg press, excuse me for not knowing the proper name but it has an adjustable pulley height for anything from arm curls to tricep pull downs and chest crossovers. Dumbbells get up to 130lbs. And of course cardio equipment. Sadly there is no decline benches in there

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bulk up and gain mass.
Well food can help there along with a basic exercise program (at least to start)

They have seated chest press, peck deck (reversible for back day), military press, lat pull downs, leg extensions, leg press,
Well, certainly some stuff there that can cause some muscle overload and strength mass building

] Dumbbells get up to 130lbs.
When I was in high school about 35 years ago (go ahead and yuk it up) I knew 2 brothers Nick and Vince and all they had was DB's You should have seen those friggin' guys. They were doing kettle bell, C&J, rowing, suitcase and DB squats before Pavel was Pavel. Just sayin'

Sadly there is no decline benches in there
I would not know what to do with one personally, as I have never used one.

Bottom line, you could most likely get a pretty good W/O in there, depending on how bad you want it and how much effort and determination you'd put it.
For myself I would try to do at least half of the work standing to load the spine some and strengthen the torso and all the stabilizers. I think that is one thing that machines, when one is seated, does not always provide, since the bench or seat lends support instead of the skeleton.

Sorry, I am not going to give you a conventional, (here's a perfect routine answer). Lots of things you could do and lots of info out there.
All the best in your new hopefully life long, endeavor...!

AwesomO

AwesomO

Awards
Well food can help there along with a basic exercise program (at least to start) Well, certainly some stuff there that can cause some muscle overload and strength mass building When I was in high school about 35 years ago (go ahead and yuk it up) I knew 2 brothers Nick and Vince and all they had was DB's You should have seen those friggin' guys. They were doing kettle bell, C&J, rowing, suitcase and DB squats before Pavel was Pavel. Just sayin' I would not know what to do with one personally, as I have never used one. Bottom line, you could most likely get a pretty good W/O in there, depending on how bad you want it and how much effort and determination you'd put it. For myself I would try to do at least half of the work standing to load the spine some and strengthen the torso and all the stabilizers. I think that is one thing that machines, when one is seated, does not always provide, since the bench or seat lends support instead of the skeleton. Sorry, I am not going to give you a conventional, (here's a perfect routine answer). Lots of things you could do and lots of info out there. All the best in your new hopefully life long, endeavor...!
thanks for all your help man I appreciate it

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well food can help there along with a basic exercise program (at least to start)

Well, certainly some stuff there that can cause some muscle overload and strength mass building

When I was in high school about 35 years ago (go ahead and yuk it up) I knew 2 brothers Nick and Vince and all they had was DB's You should have seen those friggin' guys. They were doing kettle bell, C&J, rowing, suitcase and DB squats before Pavel was Pavel. Just sayin'

I would not know what to do with one personally, as I have never used one.

Bottom line, you could most likely get a pretty good W/O in there, depending on how bad you want it and how much effort and determination you'd put it.
For myself I would try to do at least half of the work standing to load the spine some and strengthen the torso and all the stabilizers. I think that is one thing that machines, when one is seated, does not always provide, since the bench or seat lends support instead of the skeleton.

Sorry, I am not going to give you a conventional, (here's a perfect routine answer). Lots of things you could do and lots of info out there.
All the best in your new hopefully life long, endeavor...!
Just do what he said.

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone else?
Can I ask what "specifically" you are looking for or what "specific" info do you want?

Major body structures...
Back
Hips
Legs
Shoulders
Chest
Abs/core
Arms

Major exercises DB's and machines...
Deadlifts
Squats/leg presses
Lunges
Rows/chins/pullups
Chest press/dips
OHP's
curls
ab and grip work

Routine/programming... (at least to start and get a base started)
3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
Hit or concentrate on major structures first then to the smallest groups 2x+ per week

Add small weight to large exercises (especially) weekly
Eat good solid food
Get some sound sleep 7-10 hours
Rinse & Repeat ;-)

AwesomO

AwesomO

Awards
Can I ask what "specifically" you are looking for or what "specific" info do you want? Major body structures... Back Hips Legs Shoulders Chest Abs/core Arms Major exercises DB's and machines... Deadlifts Squats/leg presses Lunges Rows/chins/pullups Chest press/dips OHP's curls ab and grip work Routine/programming... (at least to start and get a base started) 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps Hit or concentrate on major structures first then to the smallest groups 2x+ per week Add small weight to large exercises (especially) weekly Eat good solid food Get some sound sleep 7-10 hours Rinse & Repeat ;-)
I'm not used to machines and dumbells only so I'm lookin for a daily plan to follow like day 1: chest; do this, this and this. Day 2: back; do this this and this

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not used to machines and dumbells only so I'm lookin for a daily plan to follow like day 1: chest; do this, this and this. Day 2: back; do this this and this
Well, what did you do when you were just using a barbell?
One could do Rip's SS, or McRobert's Brawn, or Beyond Brawn, or PHAT, or MadCow, or Brad Steiner's Hardgainer stuff or, McCallum's KTP or a Starr 5x5, or JW's 531, or Kubik's Dino stuff, or Dante's DG or, countless other routines, but you would just use the DB's and machines in place of the bb exercises. ;-)