Need advice on Chest routine

duronion

Awards
Alright guys this is my first post on this site so lets see how this goes..

Im currently on a recomp program as far as diet and supplements go. I have a solid base on my workout routines but I really want to focus on sculpting a massive and defined chest. My current training split is mondays-chest, tuesdays-back, wednesdays-shoulders, thursdays-arms, fridays-legs.
My chest routine has been something like this:

Flat Bench: 2 warm up sets then 4 sets of 12,10,6,8 reps. increasing the weight each set. Finishing with 2 sets to failure, wide grip, light weight.
Incline Bench: 4 sets 10-12 reps. 1 set to failure, light weight
Flat D.B Fly superset with Flat D.B press: 3 sets 15/12 reps
Incline D.B Fly superset with Incline D.B press: 3 sets 15/12 reps
Low, Mid, and High cable crossovers: 3 sets of each 12-15 reps

I was thinking about changing my split and keeping chest on mondays but pushing legs to saturdays and adding another chest day on fridays. Monday will be Mid chest day with flat bench as my primary workout. Fridays will be upper chest day with incline bench as my primary.

Should I just keep with what im doing? split chest into mid and upper days? Im looking for any suggestions. Mods to my routine will help alot too. Thankyou.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My current split:

Quads / Calves
Chest / Traps
Hams / Calves
Delts / Lats

I've been doing more dumbbells in the last few months instead of barbell work, which is a switch for me, and I'm starting to see more size in my chest from that one change. Maybe enough for you to see a difference as well?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The secret for many to developing a large chest is having strong well developed rhomboids and mid/lower traps, in conjunction with excellent scapular stabilizers, rotators, and shoulder mobility. You can do all the pressing and flying volume in the world, but if your scapula are not stabilized correctly much of your work will be in waste and/or contribute to biceps tendonitis and over developed anterior delts.