GymWatch - know when you grow

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Came across this Gymwatch that is one of the first devices to measure movement and strength.

Seems to be going for about $250 and can sync with iOS or Android devices.

(This is not an endorsement, just figured people would be eager for something of this ilk.)

https://www.gymwatch.com/index.php

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
It's cool, but obviously you can track your progress without it... So unless it also gives me tips on how to improve my numbers that I couldn't figure out for myself, it's an expensive toy...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As the technology improves we are probably going to see more and more of these smart watches. Might be an interesting investment opportunity.

I am scouring the site for some research that backs up the claims. I would like to see validation and coefficients before considering investing in it.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And upon closer look I am a bit put off by the home page. A picture of girl who doesn't look like she lifts lifting 3lb urine yellow weights is poor marketing.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
As the technology improves we are probably going to see more and more of these smart watches. Might be an interesting investment opportunity.

I am scouring the site for some research that backs up the claims. I would like to see validation and coefficients before considering investing in it.
Agreed. Apple's working on a watch they supposedly measures certain biorhythms. There will be plenty more cropping up.

But your second thought is where it counts, with regards to backing up of claims. Anyone can drum up numbers, but if the device can be an effective tool, that's the rub right there.