Pre Workout Nutrition

Obernodo

Obernodo

Awards
I go to gym 3 times a week, usually at 6-7 p.m. My last meal before that is at 2-3 p.m. Is it ok or should i eat something right before my gym sessions. What is the best period to eat before gym (how many hours before)?
Would appreciate any advice

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
unless you are a national level competitor, dont worry about it.

if you want to worry anyways, eat more fat and less carbs. give it about a month for your body to adjust and you will be fine.

to reassure you, i can go upwards of 18 hours without food and do a 3 hour strongman training session and be fine. even hit PRs. it sucked ass at first, but i got used to a high fat, low frequency diet and i feel way better overall and dont worry at all about pre or post workout nutrition.

jball63

Awards
I believe meal timing is irrelevant

LiftingTins

Awards
I go to gym 3 times a week, usually at 6-7 p.m. My last meal before that is at 2-3 p.m. Is it ok or should i eat something right before my gym sessions. What is the best period to eat before gym (how many hours before)?
Would appreciate any advice
He's right with saying you shouldn't worry too much about it, but i recommend drinking a protein shake 2 hours or so before your sesssions. Hopefully a shake with a bit of carbs for energy. Good luck!