Leg growth

megatron2222

megatron2222

Awards
What are some effective methods to make your quads and hams grow? (Specifically outer sweep of the quads) I'm looking for either specific exercises and/or nutritional methods.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feet low and just inside shoulder width on leg press really put the pressure on the outer sweep of my quads.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, of course the obvious bigger body exercises like squats, (maybe more close stance or oly HB) also front squats hits the quads more along with leg pressing and onto more iso work like extensions. I have heard hack squats, but they make my knee caps feel like they are going to shoot thru the wall into the women's locker room. I never do those or extensions personally. Most pulling, like deads or their kin ie: RDL's SLDL's, GM's, pulll throughs, GHR's, leg curls, hit the hamstrings and glutes.

Eating enough will add size too, as the bigger compound exercises to develop the legs, can take quite a bit out of the body, so more healthy food may be needed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Front squats, repeat. Also as mentioned, narrow stance leg press is going to put emphasis on quads.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I'll +1 front squats.
I also like sumo deadlifts and walking lunges.

megatron2222

megatron2222

Awards
Awesome. What do you guys think about splitting legs into 2 days? Quad day and ham day.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I work legs twice a week with a concentration on each.

Monday is quad day.
Squats
fr squats, alternating with narrow stance leg press eow.
leg extensions
seated calf

Thursday is hammy/glute centric day.
Sumo deads
SLDL
split squats
sliding ham curls
standing calf