Traps

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Traps


    Who's got the killer routine to blast my traps? They've always lagged, non existent. I'm trying to make it a point to get them to explode.

    Any tips fellas

  2. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143154
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Search for the thread called, "Better Traps"...
  3. Advanced Member
    liftandeat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    111473
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    31.58%

    Power cleans or hang cleans
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115627
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I don't necessarily think you need a specific routine for building "lagging" traps. If you are doing heavy vertical and horizontal pulling especially, your upper back will progress.
    If you are concerned about them lagging behind, just add in a trap exercise (there are quite a few) 2x per wk, that you feel right in the traps and upper back.
    I think shrugging is kinda good (especially if one does not do heavy deads or high pulls etc carries etc. etc.) because it is a very short ROM and does not take much out of you at the end of a W/O say, or sticking sets in, in between sets of curls or other small muscle iso work. If a body part is lagging, generally it is more from not enough attention IMO.
  5. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,818
    Rep Power
    4399577
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    15.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    For bb/db shrugs, try holding/flexing your traps at the top of the movement for 3 seconds. Due to the limited range of motion, any contraction would be fairly short otherwise. Holding at peak contraction may allow the necessary time under tension to stimulate growth of the muscle. You don't need to go super heavy, just really focus on the contraction during each rep. Using this approach has been a big help with my trap development.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Thank for the tips. I'll have to check out that BETTER TRAPS thread.

    I'm gunna try some of everybody's ideas, different moves, higher volume and more time holding reps.

    Usually hold for 1-2 seconds but will aim for 3.
    Upright rows have been good for me but the joint pain the next day is rough. I usually stick to shrugs, bb & DB, deads, just added in face pulls, gunna try some rows to isolate the traps and some cleans as we'll.
    I'll have to keep adding & changing as I go.

    I usually only get 4-8 sets 1-2x a week based on my split, normally with back or shoulders. Probably shoot for 3x a week with 10+ sets.
  7. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,339
    Rep Power
    874189
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    68.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Overhand grip rows change the focus from lats to traps. Suitcase rows super set with reverese flys are a great trap combo. Face pulls have become a staple in my trap workouts as well.
  8. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Overhand grip rows change the focus from lats to traps. Suitcase rows super set with reverese flys are a great trap combo. Face pulls have become a staple in my trap workouts as well.
    I have been switching my grip on rows lately but not for that reason, I'll try to squeeze em out now.
    I did do a little combo work this week on them, side lateral / bb shrugs & then reverse flys & cable pulls.
    First time they've been sore in quite awhile.
    Thanks,
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,545
    Rep Power
    1213212
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    No mention of snatch-grip deads? It's one of the few things that works the entire upper-back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  10. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    106251
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    51.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    No mention of snatch-grip deads? It's one of the few things that works the entire upper-back.
    best lift ever! lots of other great ones listed above too.

    i have been doing that lift and been watching my traditional deadlift start to climb up to.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  11. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    I'll give the snatch lift dead a go, I'll have a nice variation for awhile, thanks fellas.
    Let's see if I can't get these boys to grow!
  12. Professional Member
    Mystere3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    223245
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think you work your traps a ton with any overhead exercise; standing military press works them well. As far as direct work, do front barbell and dumbbell shrugs, as heavy as possible; I do them rarely because my traps don't need much work, but I'll do barbell front shrugs with 5-6 plates and behind the back smith shrugs with 3 plates (key)
  13. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    I think you work your traps a ton with any overhead exercise; standing military press works them well. As far as direct work, do front barbell and dumbbell shrugs, as heavy as possible; I do them rarely because my traps don't need much work, but I'll do barbell front shrugs with 5-6 plates and behind the back smith shrugs with 3 plates (key)
    That's how I always felt, but since I put on this weight, good & bad over the last 2 yrs they look really under developed now.

    I just started doing standing military presses again, BB & DB shrugs heavy have always been in my routine, but I'm not one for accessory work, I so primarily do compound sets which have been great for the size, now I need to get some shaping moves in and drop some bf.

    I'm gunna take bits and pieces from everyone and see what works best.

    Thanks bro, 5-6 plate shrugs are pretty beasty
  14. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    106251
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    51.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    totally forgot, farmers and even frame carries. I see lots of other exercises but to be honest most would be like saying to use leg extensions to build huge thighs.

    so, snatch grip deads, farmers, and frame carries.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  15. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    I'm gunna blast Traps tommorow so I'm gunna probably do a couple sets of everyone's ideas.
    Think I'll go with,
    BB Shrugs
    DB Shrugs
    Farmers Walk
    Upright Rows DB ( might help shoulders w/DB )

    Then on back day do some snatch deads, BB rows with some emphasis on traps, throw some cleans in there randomly.
    Shoulder day continue standing military presses, might throw face pulls in with rear delts just to squeeze in an extra few sets a week.

    Switch it up sporadically.

    Thanks fellas, I'll have to get some before and after pics up, give it a month or so and see how it goes.
  16. New Member
    ChefJoey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    47014
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%

    Just started doing farmers walks this year.

    They are amazingly painfully awesome.
  17. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJoey View Post
    Just started doing farmers walks this year. They are amazingly painfully awesome.
    Yea man, I did some today.

    BB shrugs x 4 in front holding for 3-4
    BB shrugs x 2 in rear holding for 3-4
    DB shrugs x 3 holding for 3-4
    Face Pull x Rear Fly superset x 3
    Farmers Walk x 4
    Standing Military Press x 2
    Seated Smith Miltary x 4
    DB press x 3
    Arnold Press x 3
    Side delt raise x 3 drop sets

    My traps and shoulders were defiantly on fire and pumped up. Lots of volume today, pretty limited rest to really get my pump.
  18. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    106251
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    51.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun235 View Post

    Yea man, I did some today.

    BB shrugs x 4 in front holding for 3-4
    BB shrugs x 2 in rear holding for 3-4
    DB shrugs x 3 holding for 3-4
    Face Pull x Rear Fly superset x 3
    Farmers Walk x 4
    Standing Military Press x 2
    Seated Smith Miltary x 4
    DB press x 3
    Arnold Press x 3
    Side delt raise x 3 drop sets

    My traps and shoulders were defiantly on fire and pumped up. Lots of volume today, pretty limited rest to really get my pump.
    Wow. So 30+ sets. And to most were near useless when compared to better choices.

    Drop all shrugs. Especially those worthless ones you hold behind your back. The traps and surrounding muscles pull back the shoulders, some portions down, other portions up. At No time do they pull anything forward. So anything done behind you is a waste of your time for traps. It would be like doing leg curls to get bigger quads.

    Most of what's left was all kinds of out of order and more for delts and triceps or low quality movements.

    If you want to work shoulders and traps together that's fine but do it better. Start with hang power muscle snatch. Mostly medium weight for few reps and lots of sets with short rest.

    Move on to standing barbell overhead presses. Work up a daily max of a double. Drop to half that and do amrap for 3 sets.

    Now do farmer's or frame carry if you have it for several runs of the heaviest you can do for 40 to 80 feet each run. Finish it up with at least 50 reps each of Face pull and band pullaparts.

    If you feel you could have done more than you went too light.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  19. Professional Member
    Mystere3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    223245
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Actually behind the back shrugs are good for middle traps, not so much for upper traps.

    I agree there are a lot of exercises that work traps but shrugs are among the best, especially bb with very heavy weight.
  20. Advanced Member
    TKC432's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    43
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    542167
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    19.14%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Gonna chime in here and cast my vote for the Snatch Grip Deadlift. I just added this one to my back routine and it really moves the focus to the upper back hitting the traps nicely. Pair this up with some heavy high-pulls and you're sure to see some trap growth. - my 2 cents
  21. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    106251
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    51.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    Actually behind the back shrugs are good for middle traps, not so much for upper traps.

    I agree there are a lot of exercises that work traps but shrugs are among the best, especially bb with very heavy weight.
    here is a great example of opinion vs fact. and everyone is entitled to an opinion with the opportunity to share it with us in this forum.

    my opinion, please pick up an anatomy book and a physics book so you can learn why your statement is about as accurate as saying everything on the internet is true.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  22. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Debates, Debates, I am not ruling out any movements because if I knew what worked best for traps, I'd have huge traps, an I don't.

    30 plus sets, yes. But as you can see they were all far from just isolating my traps.

    Snatches are definitely going to be in the picture along with Frame Carries and A few more.

    This is just what I did that session.

    I never do a total of 30 sets, if I did I wouldn't be putting in enough effort. IMO I went into the gym with the goal of doing extra work, and I did.

    Personally i don't give a **** if it takes 3 sets or 15 to get them to grow. Everyone has a lagging part and takes a little extra work.

    Never seen a massive set of traps either that didn't get there from doing some form of shrugs.
  23. Professional Member
    Mystere3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    223245
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So physiologically as long as your arms are outside your shoulders (slightly abducted) you'll activate your upper and middle traps with scapular elevation.

    http://www.flexonline.com/training/b...vs-behind-back
  24. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,018
    Rep Power
    592345
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    58.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun235 View Post
    Never seen a massive set of traps either that didn't get there from doing some form of shrugs.
    Haven't seen many high-level Olympic weightlifters, I take it.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  25. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,545
    Rep Power
    1213212
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    So physiologically as long as your arms are outside your shoulders (slightly abducted) you'll activate your upper and middle traps with scapular elevation. http://www.flexonline.com/training/b...vs-behind-back
    Mid-traps are primarily used for scapular retraction and not elevation.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  26. Professional Member
    Mystere3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    223245
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Right which is why a behind the back shrug where you're going to elevate with some retraction will hit it more (especially with a smith machine)
  27. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115627
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    2 cents...

    90% of the time, I agree with ozzie and his basic approach to getting larger and stronger is IMO, the right stuff.
    I do disagree that shrugs will not really build traps, (especially if you are pretty much exclusively after trap size, since I know a few guys and one in particular who pretty much only benches, deadlifts, shrugs and rows and he has retarded big traps for the rest of his body under #200 BW. He shrugs heavy and high reps and sets 3x week.

    I also believe in heavy deads, rack pulls, high pulls, cleans, etc. etc., but my trap size from those is a by product and I never really do those to exclusively build traps, but I digress.
    Anyway, I think oly lifters have good trap size, since a good 80%-90% of their work involves pulling from knees or below with an emphasis on getting the weight up near the shoulders, then o/h. So they enlist some kind of vertical shoulder extension/contraction.
    I have never seemed to get much trap work from OHP's without the clean and I have done quite a bit of out of rack pressing over the years.
    Personally, I feel you do benefit from some kind of extension and contraction of the upper trapezius, instead of "just" heavy (static) tension, which comes more from carrying and or pulling without some kind of vertical shoulder contraction. Obviously YMMV.
    I just think shrugs are pretty easy to add in at the end or as a superset of a W/O especially , have a very short ROM to get the work done, and do not tax the lifter like a long pull, after they have done the major bigger body work.
    See also Paul Kelso's book/work on shrugging. Although I may agree with some, that shrugs, might not have the greatest carryover for other strength stuff.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,545
    Rep Power
    1213212
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    Right which is why a behind the back shrug where you're going to elevate with some retraction will hit it more (especially with a smith machine)
    The behind the back bar placement will most likely lead to protraction due to poor leverage.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  29. Professional Member
    Mystere3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    223245
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    True but I think with a smith machine it tends to work ok because it is further behind you.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,545
    Rep Power
    1213212
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    True but I think with a smith machine it tends to work ok because it is further behind you.
    That makes the protraction even more likely especially if the bar is angled.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  31. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,891
    Rep Power
    1694155
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    95.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    2 cents...

    90% of the time, I agree with ozzie and his basic approach to getting larger and stronger is IMO, the right stuff.
    I do disagree that shrugs will not really build traps, (especially if you are pretty much exclusively after trap size, since I know a few guys and one in particular who pretty much only benches, deadlifts, shrugs and rows and he has retarded big traps for the rest of his body under #200 BW. He shrugs heavy and high reps and sets 3x week.

    I also believe in heavy deads, rack pulls, high pulls, cleans, etc. etc., but my trap size from those is a by product and I never really do those to exclusively build traps, but I digress.
    Anyway, I think oly lifters have good trap size, since a good 80%-90% of their work involves pulling from knees or below with an emphasis on getting the weight up near the shoulders, then o/h. So they enlist some kind of vertical shoulder extension/contraction.
    I have never seemed to get much trap work from OHP's without the clean and I have done quite a bit of out of rack pressing over the years.
    Personally, I feel you do benefit from some kind of extension and contraction of the upper trapezius, instead of "just" heavy (static) tension, which comes more from carrying and or pulling without some kind of vertical shoulder contraction. Obviously YMMV.
    I just think shrugs are pretty easy to add in at the end or as a superset of a W/O especially , have a very short ROM to get the work done, and do not tax the lifter like a long pull, after they have done the major bigger body work.
    See also Paul Kelso's book/work on shrugging. Although I may agree with some, that shrugs, might not have the greatest carryover for other strength stuff.
    I am finding that I like your posts more and more.

    I happen to be genetically pretty lucky with large traps so it doesn't take much to pop them, but I have found over the years several things that really work.

    Snatch grip high pulls.
    Farmer walks
    Any variation of DL
    Rows
  32. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,006
    Rep Power
    3694594
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I am finding that I like your posts more and more.
    Years from now there will be a meathead religion, Swoleism, and PaulBlack will have a book in it.

    PaulBlack 2:3
    Thou shall lift thy heavy weights.

    Everyone else can get a book too.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  33. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,891
    Rep Power
    1694155
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    95.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Haha. I just love coming into a thread with the intention of posting something and then seeing that Paul has already said everything I was about to post.
  34. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,018
    Rep Power
    592345
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    58.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Haha. I just love coming into a thread with the intention of posting something and then seeing that Paul has already said everything I was about to post.
    You are not alone in that sentiment.

    EDIT: Sean, I want a book in there!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  35. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,006
    Rep Power
    3694594
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    You are not alone in that sentiment. EDIT: Sean, I want a book in there!
    You get one! You were born in a weight lifting shed, afterall.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  36. Advanced Member
    KrisL's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    143172
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

    I loves me some heavy deadlifts and deadlift walks (70-90%), but cleans, high pulls, klokovs, db rows, and stupid-heavy violent shrugs work for me.

    On the matter of traps, I find little wrong with deferring to Jamie Lewis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XV9JppcnQs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS1unZ44ELk

    I'll be giving snatch grip deads a go thanks to this thread, haha.
  37. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115627
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    You get one! You were born in a weight lifting shed, afterall.

    Indeed. I really wish I knew back then, what some of you guys know at your present age.
    Thanks for the kudos guys, but really it is just kinda common sense and some trial and error really.
  38. New Member
    Samurai Bro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    200
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    88.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat View Post
    Power cleans or hang cleans
    Agreed. Keep it simple. Nothing works like cleans, shrugs, and press.
    BOOM!
  39. Professional Member
    Mystere3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    223245
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
  40. Banned
    Shaun235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%

    Good read right there, thanks bro.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Do you work Traps with Back or Shoulders?
    By handzilla in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
  2. Trap Bar Deadlifts - Anyone?
    By stuart harlin in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. got traps?
    By LakeMountD in forum Pics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 10:50 PM
  4. shrug/trap bar, anyone own one?
    By djhex36 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 01:57 AM
  5. Trap Bar Deadlifts
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in