is my workout ok??

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  73 lbs.
    Answers

Smile is my workout ok??

Hi I've been working out on & off now for a few years. But have only recently started training seriously (I plan an epi cycle in the near future)...... At the moment I only workout at home with dumbbells & bench. Can anyone please look over my workout program and maybe give me any advice on maybe how to re-order it if need be or any tips/comments on how it could be improved if necessary? My week is as follows (all sets at present are x3 & include 10-12 reps)
    Mon:
    Chest press (10kg x2)
    Incline fly (7.5kg x2)
    Pullover (10kg)

Tues: rest

Weds:
    Front lateral raise (5kg)
    Seated dumbell press (7.5kg x2)
    Upright row (10kg x2)
    1 arm row (10kg)
    1 arm seated press palms in (10kg)

Thurs: rest

Fri:
    Dumbbell press palms in (7.5kg x2)
    2 arm extent ion (10kg)
    Bent over kickback (7.5kg x2)
    Hammer curl (7.5kg x2)
    Twisting standing curl (7.5kg x2)

Sat: rest

Sun:
    Static lunges (7.5kg x2)
    Closed leg squat (10kg x2)

Is this OK guys or any changes?? Please be aware I have only about 1yr ago got over illness & although quite fit now am having to use low weights till strength gets a little better? I am however starting to see some significant results! Any advice would be very much appreciated........

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

what are your goals??

why not use a proven program?
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  73 lbs.
    Answers

I need to build up my upper body as much as possible due to loosing a lot of weight due to I'll health. I have looked at different workouts but just made this my own weekly workout as they're mainly excersises I enjoy, is there any other workouts you could recommend?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Just gonna chime in to say you should probably workout seriously to achieve full natty potential before you run a steroid. Just my opinion. But yeah proven programs work... Hence proven.

I definitely understand using what you like. But give one a shot there are plenty out there
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

You are not going to build a good balance with that workout. You will build your upper body and overall strength by working in legs more. The biggest mistake I see people make is neglecting their wheels when it comes to overall build and strength.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  73 lbs.
    Answers

What should I do then? Just more work on legs on Sunday routine or factor them in another day as well? So I work them twice a week instead of just on Sunday? I totally understand I have to work legs aswell. So*are you guys saying it is OK just needs more legs? Or just to scrap it & find something else?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by parsovl View Post
    I need to build up my upper body as much as possible due to loosing a lot of weight due to I'll health. I have looked at different workouts but just made this my own weekly workout as they're mainly excersises I enjoy, is there any other workouts you could recommend?
    so im guessing mass is your goal? if so, PHAT by layne norton and the super squat program is a good way to go. im no bodybuilder so i generally leave that stuff to others. im sure someone else will post some great proven mass building programs. i do know eating more helps immensely in gaining mass.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not bodybuilder either, but my sports require mass and speed/agility. PHAT is great for getting the best of both strength and hypertrophy workouts and I would also recommend that to anyone. To build nice solid mass, my opinion is that you need to concentrate on legs, back, chest/shoulders- in that order, but obviously not neglecting one or the other.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, what the others have said. And don't think of leg, hip or bending exercises as just lower body, as they load the spine (compound/standing exercises) the most and build the largest structures of the body thus making the biggest changes in fitness and mass gains. The back, hips. legs contain about 75%-80% of the body's muscle mass, increasing that will have the biggest impact on your entire body.

2 cents...
    I am also on the soap box to say, steer clear of PH's and get as absolutely as far as you can, naturally and eating good food, so this becomes a life long endeavor and habit.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I second no PH and thirded PHAT
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

You are pressing and squatting with 20 pounds!!!
    Forget the ph's and buy some more weights for your gym or maybe a membership at a gym.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  73 lbs.
    Answers

20kg!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is my workout efficient? Rate please.
    By SuppKnight in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 09:17 AM
  2. How is my workout routine?
    By dlutz74 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
  3. Is my diet ok?
    By Darkridder in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
  4. Here is my HIT workout ive been doing