New bicep routine

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
People who read this, I know what you will be thinking...that I'm a noob that works bi's every other day to impress the ladies lol...No I've been lifting for 7 years 5'10 215 12% bf...lately I've been experimenting doing chest/ tri back/bi delts/traps quads/hams/calvs this is heavier weight 8-10 reps...Then on Saturdays I pretty much work anything I feel needs attention usually lighter weight higher reps..i feel my bi's aren't catching up to the rest of my body...my question is do you guys think twice a week is too much if i'm not seeing growth..i Saturday switch up movements every few weeks...thanks

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My biceps get the most stimulation during my back workouts. Then at the end I'll do some narrow grip chin-ups and 3-4ish sets of full ROM sets of biceps. I workout as long as my pump keeps improving. Once it starts to lose fullness, I stop working out.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Have you tried changing to back/tris then chest/bi's? It could act as basically hitting bi's and tri's an extra day, seeing as most back work is supplemented by your biceps, and same with triceps for your chest. I know guys that have done this with decent success.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Full ROM and heavy back are your best friends for this man

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my question is do you guys think twice a week is too much if i'm not seeing growth..i Saturday switch up movements every few weeks...thanks
No, especially not for a small muscle group like biceps. Your arms will most likely be recovered and ready to train in 2-3 days.
Food is going to have a relation to overall arm size too. And yes, agree with flexion and extension movements pulling towards the torso ie: back/lat work

Lots of older routines had lifters training the body 2+x per week and frequency along with some volume, can work.

NASMTyler

Awards
Make sure to incorporate 21s into your workout routine. Especially at the end

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Yea I like to burnout on 21's at the end...tonight I did bb curls superset with 1 arm concentration db curl supported on incline bench..Then I did seated db curls superset with cable hammer curls..All moderate weight 8-10 REPS...This was done after a heavy back session...i will soon switch to chest/bi. Back /tri ....i love heavy rack pulls ha...