back width

GottaMakeIt

Awards
I was looking at my back in one of those 3 way mirrors at maceys and noticed that my lats are more developed (they stiuck out) than my upperback shoulders, so it takes away from the v-shape, whats the best exercise to develope the upper back and shoulders so that they stick out when i stand relaxed

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
delt work i.e. military press, lateral raises
all types of rows
rack pull deadlifts

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Shrug variations (behind the back and trap-upright row with strict form are good), bent over rows or T-bar row, rear delt raises and my favorite- Arnold DB Presses (Schwarzenegger's)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Shrug variations (behind the back and trap-upright row with strict form are good), bent over rows or T-bar row, rear delt raises and my favorite- Arnold DB Presses (Schwarzenegger's)
That's the one where you start out with your palms facing you, then as you press up you rotate them so your palms are facing away from you, right?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I like bent-over BB rows. I usually just switch up the grip for overhand to underhand a lot. I also like upright rows and alternating grips when doing heavy chins.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
That's the one where you start out with your palms facing you, then as you press up you rotate them so your palms are facing away from you, right?
:thumbsup:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I knew it! I love that frigging exercise. It's my favorite dumbbell move.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I agree, Arnold's are a solid exercise to build the weak part of the delts, at the bottom of the motion. Whenever I do these (I rotate 4 weeks military bb/db then arnold's for 3-4 weeks) I get better strength gains on military press. I also notice better definition in the delts while doing the Arnold's.