New Routine!!! Help.

swolequest

Awards
Whats up! I want to change up my routine starting April First. I have been thinking a lot about tryin a Chest/Bi, Back/Tri routine and would like some opinions on it. I typically stay with Chest/Tri..... 4 day splits or so. I want a new routine and just something different with my new cycle! It will be a recomp cycle and cardio will be after my workout 30 mins daily. What do you guys think? Any other Routines you would recommend instead?

swolequest

Awards
Lol. Ofc there is a leg day! My concern is the primary/opposite secondary muscle group days. It will be a power,muscle,burn type program. Working all groups twice a day. I just wanted people's thoughts on working chest and bi in the same day then two days later doing back and tri....

Working all groups twice a week rather

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. It would be better for you to post height, weight, age, goals then post your total weekly routine including sets and reps.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just wanted people's thoughts on working chest and bi in the same day then two days later doing back and tri....
It doesn't matter. Your biceps and triceps are tiny compared to your chest and back.

You're majoring in the minors here, man. Like Kenpo said, post up what exercises and how many sets you do, for each workout.

swolequest

Awards
I guess It's just a horrible question then.... I just didnt know if was dumb to do the muscle groups like this. The reason I've been thinking about changing it to this is complacency. I typically to push pull groups together but thought if I changed It up I would get more motivation back. I'm currenty deployed overseas and everything is just getting old lol.... The gym has everything I need tho and that keeps me sane. I will post the plan I've devised and I guess just let me know youre thoughts on it.
P.S. Height and Weight are correct under my Avatar ;) 5'9 188-190 I'm 27

Chest/Biceps
Flat bench 4 sets 3-5
incline bench 3 8-12
Db press 3 8-12
Db fly 2 40
Pinwheel curl 2 3-5
Barbell curl 3 8-12
cable preach 2 40

Quad/Hams
Squat 4 3-4
Leg press 3 8-12
front squat 3 8-12
leg press 2 40
Rom D.L 3 3-5
Rom D.L 2 12-15
Leg curl 2 40

Back/Tri
Deadlift 4 3-5
Bar Rows 3 6-8
Lat pulls 3 8-12
Seat rows 2 40
close grip bench 2 3-5
Seat french press 2 8-12
skullcrusher 2 8-12
Cable ext. 2 40

Shoulder/Calves
Seated Bar press 4 3-5
Arnold press 3 8-12
bar front raise 3 8-12
Db lat raise 2 40
Cable lat raise 2 20
Seat calf raise 3 10-15
45deg calf press 2 40
Bar shrugw/calf raise 2 20

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah I got ya. You're gonna drive yourself crazy trying to find the perfect split, dude. It's much easier, and makes more sense, IMO, to do upper/lower/upper/lower, or a push/pull.

Other alternatives would be Layne Norton's PHAT, or Meadows Mountain Dog training (google up)

Other members will chime in on what they prefer. I prefer upper/lower, emphasis on your 4 main compound movements, and the muscles that go along with them.

I can't comment on what you wrote for a routine, as the format is all ****ed on my iPhone at the moment.

swolequest

Awards
I edited the format.... Should be able to read it now

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with Sean (again) and this comment...
I prefer upper/lower, emphasis on your 4 main compound movements, and the muscles that go along with them.

Are you doing DL's the day after squats? Since, I personally keep squats and DL's a good 4 days or so apart, since they are so systemic and involve so much of the body.
A few tips I have learned on staying motivated...
Keep stuff simple or just a handful of big moves/compounds say 3-4
What about a training partner or someone to chase (even on paper)?
Set small reachable weekly/monthly goals to work in between the big longer ones.