Schedule help.

A

A_Kessler

Awards
I've been lifting for about two moths and I'm seeing a difference but I just don't think my schedules that great. So could someone help me make a schedule for bulking also a diet I could go by? That would be awesome!

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
This will be very vague, but without knowing anything about you (minus bulking) I will give you some general advice. First of all Google your tdee, and start by adding 300-400 calories to that a day. You can stick to a 40-40-20 (protein carbs fats) if you like, or if you are more carb sensative like I am you can do a 40-30-30. As you progress you will need to keep an eye on muscle/fat gain and adjust calories and macros to fit your goals. Keep the calories from your food as clean as possible, noone is perfect..but keeping a clean diet will make you thank yourself later on. Good meat sources Include but are not limited to: (Chicken breast, white fish (Tilapia, cod etc) lean ground beef, lean ground turkey, pork chops, bison, and steak. Good clean carb sources include but are not limited to: Oatmeal, lentils, beans, brown rice, sweet potatoes. Good sources of fats include but are not limited to: Olive oil, macadamia nut oil, fish oils, nuts. ** As far as a weightlifting routine, while bulking its time to really take advantage of compound movements. I think the bench, squat, deadlift and military press are your winners here. Isolation exercises have their place, but after some healthy compound work. I personally train 6 days a week, hitting everything once a week. You can do what you feel is best, but some other suggestions are to mix up your push days with your pull days. An example would be to hit chest on monday, and back on tuesday. When you have a push day such as chest, and do shoulders or especially triceps the next day, you are selling your workout short of what its worth due to those muscles already being pre fatigues/worked the previous day. This is why you so commonly see splits such as Chest/tris, or Back/bi's. You can also do a 3-1, which is 3 days of working out and 1 day of rest, than repeating. This is a healthy split for someone new to weightlifting. Just keep in mind that this all takes time and this is a lifestyle. You dont need to be a robot and pursue everything 100%, as you will most likely burn out. Just make a concious effort to hit your goals and dont always make excuses with your routine/diet and you should be well on your way to making some gains. Hope this helps

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been lifting for about two moths and I'm seeing a difference but I just don't think my schedules that great.
2 months is only your body getting broken in and used to some training!?
What is your routine, days you lift, layout, diet etc. etc.???

The rules of getting quite larger and quite stronger, is rather "easy to follow", however the work itself can be brutal and you must have focus, determination, progression and consistency. The more complicated trainees make this stuff, the more their focus is off of these top factors/laws and thus they do not reach goals or higher/highest levels.
As far as "bulking", it is quite directly related to food intake, as you are creating a surplus of calories to add some fat to the body, with your lean muscle gains.

A

A_Kessler

Awards
2 months is only your body getting broken in and used to some training!? What is your routine, days you lift, layout, diet etc. etc.??? The rules of getting quite larger and quite stronger, is rather "easy to follow", however the work itself can be brutal and you must have focus, determination, progression and consistency. The more complicated trainees make this stuff, the more their focus is off of these top factors/laws and thus they do not reach goals or higher/highest levels. As far as "bulking", it is quite directly related to food intake, as you are creating a surplus of calories to add some fat to the body, with your lean muscle gains.
This is my current schedule that I am using. I am using 85% of my max when I'm lifting taking 30 second rest between sets

Attachments

R

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
This is my current schedule that I am using. I am using 85% of my max when I'm lifting taking 30 second rest between sets
Unless I read wrong your doing back and legs on the same day. Those are your 2 biggest and most taxing body parts to train! Split them up. Legs should get their own day, I've always said if you can work another body part with legs, you didn't hit them hard enough.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's good of you to seek help from people who have a bit more knowledge than yourself, so i'll give you my honest input.

Restructure your first day so that Shoulders get priority. Put a standing OHP in the place of a seated OHP (this helps develop core stabilization) and put a rear delt exercise (such as face pulls or rear delt flyes). Put the exercises that stress the most muscle groups first in the routine and leave arms or other things until last.
Other days can have the same thing done (i.e. back Squat leading leg routine etc.).

I have more recommendations but i'm at work and shouldn't be on the forum lol

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with Jiigzz.

IMO, the layout you presented has a person training rather small groups 2x per week (to me some under kill) with sitting and laying exercises, then the last day all the really big muscle groups standing (legs and back) all at once, which seems like over kill!!? WHat ends up happening is the most important exercises like the hip leg and back work get short changed because you get wiped out after a few sets of hard squats, then the other large exercises suffer and are not hit as efficiently to make the greatest changes in body composition.
I might split the body up, so the W/O's balance the intensity a bit more, use the bigger exercises more efficiently and loads the spine more over the entire week.

A Legs and shoulders/arms/calves
1st (Squats and or leg presses)(OHP's/Bis Tris/calves)
2nd (Deadlifts or PGDL/TBDL's and say RDL's)(DBOHP's/BisTris/calves)

B Chest and back/abs
(BP's/Inclines/Dips)- (Rows/Pulldwns/Chins) Abs

Then doing 3 days per week W/O's...
Monday A
Tuesday off or some cardio
Wed. B
Thurs off
Fri. A
Sat & Sun Off or some cardio
Monday B
Tues off or cardo
Wed. A...

The first day of A, week (Monday) you hit the squat hard and the 2nd A day (Friday) DL lighter. The next A week/(Wed.) you hit the squat lighter and the DL hard. You can also start the OHP first on some weeks and the squat or DL 2nd with a bit less intensity. Same with say the BP's and rows etc. etc.
So it rotates A/B/A/B/A...
I think this way the body gets trained over the month a good bit and more evenly.
As one gets more and more advanced the intensity and work could be changed/waved, but as a novice the loads being used would most likely be doable.

Personally, I am not as much into BBing, but just always wanted to be larger and stronger, so doing leg extensions etc. are not as important to me as just doing leg pressing or a closer stance squat and hitting the quads hard. If a trainee is interested in getting stronger and larger with added mass all over the body, then the best way to do that I know is the big stuff and adding weight to the bar over the cycles/months. If on the other hand they are interested in developing each muscle and body part to be more aesthetic looking trim and very evenly balanced, then adding in the iso exercises ie: leg extensions/lateral raises/concentration curls/ etc. etc. may be what you need?!!? YMMV