would this work as hiit?

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing a circut where i warm up walking on a treadmill then do 20 burpees, go back to walking for 90 seconds, do 18 burpees, walk 90 seconds then continue this progression till i get to sets of 10 burpees and continue this for a few more sets of 10. Could this be considered HIIT cardio instead of sprints? Also what are your thoughts on barbell complexes as cardio? Lastly any suggestions for good HIIT cardio methods not involving sprints. thank you in advance for comments and suggestions.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I have been doing a circut where i warm up walking on a treadmill then do 20 burpees, go back to walking for 90 seconds, do 18 burpees, walk 90 seconds then continue this progression till i get to sets of 10 burpees and continue this for a few more sets of 10. Could this be considered HIIT cardio instead of sprints? Also what are your thoughts on barbell complexes as cardio? Lastly any suggestions for good HIIT cardio methods not involving sprints. thank you in advance for comments and suggestions.
Any form of exercise that will jack your heart rate up and you can push yourself to maximal effort can be used as HIIT. I prefer using weights to typical cardio forms until very final phases of cutting.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the input driven. I do weight train, this was just for days off from weights

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You need to cut your rest time down though. 90 seconds is a bit too long. Shoot for between 30 and 60 seconds.