i dont think i build muscle

nightmare1234

Awards
hi everyone i am doing for 4 months now the layne norton routine phat i really like it and like the power day i raise the weight on the bar almost every workout
state:
squat : 110 kg for 5 reps
deadlift :130 kg
bench press : 90

i try to get every month 1.760 lbs
i got untill now (5 months bulk )
4 kg bodyweight and it seem like it is most fat it's even seem like i dont workout at all i really try to do everything perfect i really dont understand what's going on ,
really thank for answers guys

Mystere3

Awards
Try a workout geared for hypertrophy rather than strength. You won't grow much with that low a rep range.

nightmare1234

Awards
why do u think that i will not grow with phat routine ?
look at layne norton doesnt he big man ?
he is almost the best in bodybuildign natural

Mystere3

Awards
PHAT is geared towards hypertrophy
I know it's in the name, but I think the rep ranges seem more tailored for strength than hypertrophy compared to, say, fst-7.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PHAT uses higher rep ranges on the second day each bodypart is hit....

Mystere3

Awards
Ok I must have been reading the wrong page, it looked like 3 reps per set.

I think if OP is a beginner this is probably too much volume and frequency.

rj123

Awards
He said he just started 4 months ago so doing a low rep range wouldn't effect him to much since he's new to it and strength and size go hand and hand up to a certain point

rj123

Awards
But if size is your goal then your reps should be 8-12 and for muscles like legs I like to keep my reps around 16-21

Mystere3

Awards
No it just seems like too high volume for a beginner.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try a workout geared for hypertrophy rather than strength. You won't grow much with that low a rep range.
Well. This is false. I grew on 5/3/1 like a phycling weed. However I agree with the higher reps, I've been doing 10-15 reps x4 sets for most things now and it's an insane stretch.

nightmare1234

Awards
He said he just started 4 months ago so doing a low rep range wouldn't effect him to much since he's new to it and strength and size go hand and hand up to a certain point
Well. This is false. I grew on 5/3/1 like a phycling weed. However I agree with the higher reps, I've been doing 10-15 reps x4 sets for most things now and it's an insane stretch.
No it just seems like too high volume for a beginner.
i am not begginer at all , i have done SS and some bad routine like body part and 2 months on PPL etc..... not begginer at all

Mystere3

Awards
You build different types of muscle with strength focused workouts but it's not as geared towards hypertrophy as a pure hypertrophy workout. East Germans running GVT with t-Bol and test were building 5 lb of muscle a week in the 70s, before gh and slin...

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You build different types of muscle with strength focused workouts but it's not as geared towards hypertrophy as a pure hypertrophy workout. East Germans running GVT with t-Bol and test were building 5 lb of muscle a week in the 70s, before gh and slin...
Indeedly I just feel having a good balance to work all fibers is a good thing. I know it used to piss me off when people would tell me "do both strength and higher reps".

nightmare1234

Awards
I know it's in the name, but I think the rep ranges seem more tailored for strength than hypertrophy compared to, say, fst-7.
fts7 isnt for natural bodybuilder , all the reasearch today about bodybuilding telling u to workout at least muscle twice a week , and all the reasearch telling u u need increase weight or reps for increase in muscle what u will never do in fts 7 what make u workout the same exersices and muscle only once a week so stop talking stupid thing with no reaserch and no proof please

But if size is your goal then your reps should be 8-12 and for muscles like legs I like to keep my reps around 16-21
all the reashearch never say that 16-21 reps is for hypo maybe good for some blood flow but nothing more only steroid bodyybuilding get good effect on muscle with this kind of training ,
u will hardly increase weight on the bar in these reps range what will never let u build as much as muscle so please man stop saying things with nothing more than bull**** .
if u will look at all the reasearch u will never find someone natural that got more than 2 lbs in month so please !!!!

if u are talking like that so i really sorry i opened this thread and asked for help really !!!! u are worse the bodybuilding . com what is going on

Mystere3

Awards
First of all, what website are you on? What # of people here are doing natural bodybuilding? The #s I quoted were on test and tbol (and I think tren) obv not natty.

Secondly, I'd argue that natural bodybuilders would benefit from less frequent training than enhanced ones, esp for legs. I think a 4 day split is probably ideal with three rest days whereas I typically train 6 days a week with much higher volume than you'd be able to put up with being natty.

As far as hypertrophy goes, what you're doing is obviously not working so maybe trying something else might work better.

I don't think fst-7 is incompatible with natural bodybuilding; the set load (16-26) isn't yoo excessively high a day.

nightmare1234

Awards
First of all, what website are you on? What # of people here are doing natural bodybuilding? The #s I quoted were on test and tbol (and I think tren) obv not natty.

Secondly, I'd argue that natural bodybuilders would benefit from less frequent training than enhanced ones, esp for legs. I think a 4 day split is probably ideal with three rest days whereas I typically train 6 days a week with much higher volume than you'd be able to put up with being natty.

As far as hypertrophy goes, what you're doing is obviously not working so maybe trying something else might work better.

I don't think fst-7 is incompatible with natural bodybuilding; the set load (16-26) isn't yoo excessively high a day.
okkk man whatever,
i just learned something in all my career in bodybuilding ,
"bodybuilders dont know a **** about bodybuilding"
i didnt say less frequent i said that natural bodybuilder need to train a muscle at least twice a week because natural synthesis protein last 72 hours and no more ,
as natural bodybuilder u wil never get used to train a body part once a week what will not let progressive overload,
as natural bodybuilder u will have to increase weight on the bar and not just move the hand for blood flow like steroid use need

rj123

Awards
Haha why the f did you make this thread if your gonna criticize everyone's suggestions? I'm telling you what works for me and you can try if you want but I could less honestly just trying to help you out. Higher rep ranges work good for me for legs everything else I keep between 8-12 reps except traps I'll do a mixture of high reps and low reps. Your post was about muscle growth so that's what I suggested but like I said before I don't really care what you do

rj123

Awards
First of all, what website are you on? What # of people here are doing natural bodybuilding? The #s I quoted were on test and tbol (and I think tren) obv not natty. Secondly, I'd argue that natural bodybuilders would benefit from less frequent training than enhanced ones, esp for legs. I think a 4 day split is probably ideal with three rest days whereas I typically train 6 days a week with much higher volume than you'd be able to put up with being natty. As far as hypertrophy goes, what you're doing is obviously not working so maybe trying something else might work better. I don't think fst-7 is incompatible with natural bodybuilding; the set load (16-26) isn't yoo excessively high a day.
dont waste your time on this guy I agree with you if natural 4-5 days a week is fine considering you grow on your off days but if you aren't natural then you'll need to train more and eat more then natural. I don't understand why he made this thread if he knows everything

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True but we have some natural athletes here and peoe who don't cycle often, like me.

Mystere3

Awards
okkk man whatever,
i just learned something in all my career in bodybuilding ,
"bodybuilders dont know a **** about bodybuilding"
i didnt say less frequent i said that natural bodybuilder need to train a muscle at least twice a week because natural synthesis protein last 72 hours and no more ,
as natural bodybuilder u wil never get used to train a body part once a week what will not let progressive overload,
as natural bodybuilder u will have to increase weight on the bar and not just move the hand for blood flow like steroid use need
That might be true if you only do machines for all your lifts but you use secondary muscles with all your workouts. Trust me, you can build muscle trainung each part once a week. In high school I was 225 natty and my maxes were only 30-40 lb less than they are now (squat, deadlift, bench total 1400 lb) and I trained each body part once a week.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
There's no point in trying to help OP. He obviously knows everything. Mystere3 is right, if twice a week ain't working try once a week. It's not rocket science. Adaptability is a key aspect in life let alone bodybuilding.

I personally think OP oughta keep working with it but what do I know? When I was natty I doubled all of his maxes and was a fairly lean 190-200lbs. 4 months ain't sh!t to grow natty. Hell. Some of the pros that are out of their mind on gear only gain 10lbs or so a year so why would this dude think he's gonna gain 10lbs in a few months?

fasttaker

Awards
You say you're benching 200 lbs and squatting almost 250 lbs for 5 reps. Are you still getting stronger? If so, then good. Nothing is wrong. When you add 100 lbs more to those exercises you will be bigger and more muscular.

nightmare1234

Awards
u cant improve exersice if u dont do it at least stwice a week if u dont improve the weight on the bar on this exersices u are not in the right path

rj123

Awards
u cant improve exersice if u dont do it at least stwice a week if u dont improve the weight on the bar on this exersices u are not in the right path
im natural and only work muscles once a week (besides secondary movements) and I've noticed great strength and size. Sounds like to me your just making excuses

nightmare1234

Awards
im natural and only work muscles once a week (besides secondary movements) and I've noticed great strength and size. Sounds like to me your just making excuses
can u tell us how lbs u lift in squat deadlift etc ?

Mystere3

Awards
Did you even read any of the comments? I'll even translate mine to kg so you can understand it. When natural I was 102 kg and benched 160 kg, squatted 220 kg, and deadlifted 240kg. I did each body part once a week.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Did you even read any of the comments? I'll even translate mine to kg so you can understand it. When natural I was 102 kg and benched 160 kg, squatted 220 kg, and deadlifted 240kg. I did each body part once a week.
This dudes a f*cking troll guy. Why humor him with numbers. He's just gonna go jerk off to them. "Oooh this guys strong oooh this guys strong boom goes the dynamite". He says he doesn't gain mass after 4 months (prolly weeks) on layne nortons program. He says he wants a new program and won't accept any recommendations from anyone declaring the dudes that one lift total more than his big 3 don't know anything. If everyone just leaves the thread problem solved.

nightmare1234

Awards
This dudes a f*cking troll guy. Why humor him with numbers. He's just gonna go jerk off to them. "Oooh this guys strong oooh this guys strong boom goes the dynamite". He says he doesn't gain mass after 4 months (prolly weeks) on layne nortons program. He says he wants a new program and won't accept any recommendations from anyone declaring the dudes that one lift total more than his big 3 don't know anything. If everyone just leaves the thread problem solved.
did u see anywhere i asked for new routine ?
i just think that routine of the best natural bodybuilder layne norton who has doctore and train only how the research says , so who can u say that i need to change routine ?
ok i am troll !
and u are genius who say that things that no one has checked and no one has research who justify them

Mystere3

Awards
Natural bodybuilder = naturally good at injecting test/tren.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried to help this guy before. He was worried his legs wouldn't grow without a leg extension attachment. Told him my legs were built without the benefit of a single leg extension machine, which was met with disbelief. Really, I've found that the biggest roadblock for building muscle is this guy's attitude. Give this mofo all the tren and state-of-the-art equipment in the world and he'd still be subpar because that's what's between his ears.

And nightmare1234 I, too, trained natural hitting each body part once a week and grew from 150 to 205 before I touched steroids. If you ever remove the doubt from your mind, you'll achieve your goals. Until then, find new goals.

nightmare1234

Awards
Tried to help this guy before. He was worried his legs wouldn't grow without a leg extension attachment. Told him my legs were built without the benefit of a single leg extension machine, which was met with disbelief. Really, I've found that the biggest roadblock for building muscle is this guy's attitude. Give this mofo all the tren and state-of-the-art equipment in the world and he'd still be subpar because that's what's between his ears.

And nightmare1234 I, too, trained natural hitting each body part once a week and grew from 150 to 205 before I touched steroids. If you ever remove the doubt from your mind, you'll achieve your goals. Until then, find new goals.
ok man i just dont see how u improve your sqsuat witouth doing squat at least twice a week this is all ok nvm
ty everyone u can lock this thread

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok man i just dont see how u improve your sqsuat witouth doing squat at least twice a week this is all ok nvm
ty everyone u can lock this thread
Whilst I am of the opinion that 1x per may not be the most efficient way for say the novice masses to train or perhaps get a good foothold, (since they will not be working with the loads that tax the system like more advanced lifters and can thus recover fairly quicker while taking more frequency. It will be easier for them than their more experienced heavier load lifting and thus more taxed advanced counter part) one can certainly progress by building any of the lifts with adding weight and intensity progression and eating enough using abbreviated or less frequent protocols.

You said you gained strength and about #12 pounds, but you felt it was all fat!? I find that kinda hard to believe!?
If you added strength, along with body size/weight, then you most likely added lean tissue to aid in your lifting heavier along with perhaps some adipose tissue. Does your leg or chest or arms measure a little larger?
We all add a bit of fat if we add BW fairly quickly. I am not sure of the ratio, but I am not into the actual science of lifting.
Believe me, a gain of #5-#7 pounds of lean meat (muscle in a year) may not sound like much, but it is a lot of meat to look at on a dinner plate.
If I learned anything about lifting over the 25+ years at it, it is that there are a few different ways to train and get larger and stronger and nothing is really set in any stone.

nightmare1234

Awards
u're right i just dont like that people saying things that they know nothing about them and than all the begginer bodybuilders listan to them and doing anything wrong !!! and than the begginer bodybuilers tell to their friends that bull**** again and than all the world saying bull**** and u dont know what right and what wrong

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards

lol leg extensions for growth? theyre one of the most worthless exercises known to man. theyre nice for a pump at the end of a leg day on occasion but growth comes from HEAVY compound movements.

lol the dude's a joke if he thinks "Dr" Layne Norton is the only guy in the world thats ever done a study on muscle growth. dudes weak and frail and i have zero respect for him as a body builder. he might clean up in womens bikini but as far as natty is concerned Kris Gethin and a few local level guys are better than layne by far. theres been plenty of people to include said natural bodybuilder Kris Gethin who have gained very considerable amounts of mass once a week-hes 5'7" #210 when hes around 7-8%bf which is pretty f*cking stacked for natty. thats better than most of the 5'7"s on anabolic minds that use gear. if you bring your muscle to true failure it takes a little more than a day or two to recover. not my fault layne norton is a bitch and cant handle the pain of lifting real weights like a real man.

theres too many big dudes running around that lift each body part once a week to say that theres no studies... thats enough evidence right there in itself. you cant argue that unless you truely are lacking in the mental department. i dont even understand why this is an argument.

as far as improving a squat in less than twice a week, easy. mines continuously improving every week squatting once a week. so is my bench. my deads. bent over rows. curls. dips. etc etc. gotta work your ass off in the gym to grow. just showing up and looking at a barbell aint gonna turn you into a man.

human physiology alone states that muscles will respond and grow to stimulus if they need to. doesnt matter if its one day a week, or 7 that you work the same muscles, you will grow from it if you are stimulating the muscle properly.

Mystere3

Awards
Dtp wouldn't be a terrible program for hypertrophy.

Mystere3

Awards
I added a week of it to my routine, we'll see how it goes.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I've heard mixed things about it. It's insanely high rep, on cycle it would be insanely dope.
I enjoy it on and off cycle. I love the super high volume off because it helps put the pumps in the same ball park as juice

Mystere3

Awards
I like doing it for 1 week in 4 or something, I like more high weight with moderate reps than it offers and it has limited lifts as well to do it more often than that.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
What's the diet plan here?!