Weak legs

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
My legs are completely behind my upper body. One of my biggest problems with working legs is that I don't have access to a squat rack..leg press or any other leg machines..etc etc. I feel pretty ashamed when people ask me how much I bench and they ask me if I squat and I reply with a sad no. I don't know how much i can squat nor would I ever want to say that number. Yeah I'm one of those guys who never works legs. I'd at least like to build some decent legs. Any good exercises/advice would be appreciated.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift, Deficit Deadlift from various heights, Block pulls from various heights, Snatch Grip Deadlift, Stiff Legged Deadlift, Romanian Deadlift

Dumbell Lunge (forward, reverse, walking) Barbell lunges, anterior held barbell lunge (hold like front squat), dumbell Bulgarian split squat, goblet squats with dumbells ect ect ect

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
Deadlift, Deficit Deadlift from various heights, Block pulls from various heights, Snatch Grip Deadlift, Stiff Legged Deadlift, Romanian Deadlift Dumbell Lunge (forward, reverse, walking) Barbell lunges, anterior held barbell lunge (hold like front squat, dumbell Bulgarian split squat, goblet squats with dumbells ect ect ect
I already do deadlifts but I do them on back day

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already do deadlifts but I do them on back day
Deadlift involves the entire posterior chain and there's no real TUT for the specific purpose of back hypertrophy, though it will still get you beefy and some strong erectors. Your glutes and hamstrings are being worked more than anything so that's why I offered all of those deadlift variations to help your legs grow.

So what about everything else I listed?

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
Deadlift involves the entire posterior chain and there's no real TUT for the specific purpose of back hypertrophy, though it will still get you beefy and some strong erectors. Your glutes and hamstrings are being worked more than anything so that's why I offered all of those deadlift variations to help your legs grow. So what about everything else I listed?
Yes I will definitely use those exercises to bring up my legs

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
I guess I'm wondering more about my quad strength and size because my deadlift is already pretty strong because I already do it twice a week...

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess I'm wondering more about my quad strength and size because my deadlift is already pretty strong because I already do it twice a week...

Well, you can do parallel or suitcase deads (holding DB's and standing on say big blocks to deepen ROM) and using a slight heel to accentuate the angle for quad drive.
I can get a huge quad pump using a trap bar and a work boot with a deep enough ROM.
It might depend on how bad you really want it?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
  • Air squats. Do 500 a day and I guarantee your legs will grow.
  • Clean into a front squat.
  • Clean, press, lower on to back, and squat.
  • Snatch or clean/press into overhead squat.
  • Steinborn squats.
  • Trap bar deadlifts.
  • Sumo deadlifts.
  • Deadlift walks.
  • Lunge walks with a 45lb plate locked out overhead.

polackpl

polackpl

Awards
If you don't have a squat rack make due!
Get some weights in your hands and squat! Have good form and it will be just like a squat
Weighted Lunges
Throw a bar on your chest and do some front squats
Throw a bar behind you and do some hack squats
There's tons of ways and no excuses!
Good luck :D