Sled training improves sprint time

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Researchers investigated the effects of resisted sprint training vs. traditional sprint training on acceleration. They recruited 20 professional rugby athletes and had them all run 10m and 30m and recorded their times. This was the baseline. After the researchers got their baseline they split the athletes into two groups, resisted sprint training using a sled or traditional sprints. The sled group performed resisted sprint training using a sled, 3x20m with 12.6% BW and 3x2x20m with out. The traditional sprint group performed sprints, 3x20m no resistance and 3x2x20m no resistance. After 6 weeks the researchers had all the participants before the same testing session that they did when they recorded the baseline and found that their was a significant improvement in the 10 and 30 meter times in the sled sled training group which was greater then the traditional sprint group.

Effects of resisted sprint training on a... [J Strength Cond Res. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I wish my gym or one of the gyms on post had a sled I hate traditional cardio and enjoy moving heavy stuff

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
That's the same training regiment that John Candy used on Cool Runnings.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Sometimes I pull my radio flyer full of bricks up a steep hill, then ride it down said hill. Rinse and repeat