100 push ups one set

Rodel

Awards
So is there any advice to how I can attain this in a week? I can currently do 65-70 straight but I'm leaving for the military in a week so I wanna get to the hundred mark by then. Help?

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Why 100??
Push ups are a pretty easy exercise to improve just simply by doing more of them. If hitting 100 is your goal, then you are not far off if you are hitting 75.
What branch anyway??

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, if you only have one week, or that is your goal, then I might be inclined (especially if you have been training them!?) to lay off them and then try a rep PR in a week or so totally fresh.
Maybe jumping in real fresh and rested, while perhaps not giving you another 25!?, may give you a bump of some kind.

Rodel

Awards
Thanks guys, I'm actually joining the airforce as a combat controller. So I wanna be able to be ahead of the rest once I'm in cause CCT is no joke

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Thanks guys, I'm actually joining the airforce as a combat controller. So I wanna be able to be ahead of the rest once I'm in cause CCT is no joke
how is your overall endurance? Cardio, muscular endurance, the whole shebang?? You're gonna need a lot more than push-ups in your bag of tricks bud!!

Rodel

Awards
My mile and a half is 9:35. Swim 500 meters in 10:04. 16 full pull-ups, 70 push ups (2 mins.), and 80 sit-ups in 2 mins. I'm decent, and I already passed my test in front of the major. So I just really wanna be able to hit that hundred mark :)

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Those are some pretty good #'s! How are you paying out the push-ups? Are you saving energy or going balls out 100%? If you pace out 55-60 for minute one, maybe you'll have enough gas left on minute 2.

Rodel

Awards
Those are some pretty good #'s! How are you paying out the push-ups? Are you saving energy or going balls out 100%? If you pace out 55-60 for minute one, maybe you'll have enough gas left on minute 2.
That's probably where I mess up, I go balls out the first minuet and then struggle with a plank hold and burst of three until the two minuets are complete, maybe ill try pacing myself this time

JackAlbertson

Awards
I think 100 push ups are very hard to do in one set. It depends on us that how much we want to do push ups and can do in one set. However push ups are good exercise for strength.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I had this same goal about three years ago. I got there using an iphone app called "Pushup Fu" which is a program designed to get the user to a set of 100 consecutive pushups. Freaking brutal and will never go through that again! Definitely a great app though if 100 is your goal.