Where to buy olympic style weights?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was able to pick up a good weight bench set with nice attachments but i'm stuck on getting a nice weight set of at least 300 pounds and the type you run into in most gyms(ya know with the bigger holes :p) Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Go to walmart..You can get 45lb plates for $20 and 25lb plates for under $10 and these are olympic plates (the big hole)...I get them there all the time and once in a while they are on sale..Also check like a want ad or classified ads,alot of people get gung ho and go out and spend alot of money then 3 months later they give the **** away..

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
umm....any local sporting goods store, walmart, or as madman said, the classifieds. have you been under a rock somewhere where they have no weight sets?? :think: :rolleyes:

W

Wreck

Awards
Go to walmart..You can get 45lb plates for $20 and 25lb plates for under $10 and these are olympic plates (the big hole)...I get them there all the time and once in a while they are on sale..Also check like a want ad or classified ads,alot of people get gung ho and go out and spend alot of money then 3 months later they give the **** away..
Bump on Walmart. The shipping is going to eat up any bit of savings on mail ordering the weights. I mail ordered the olympic bar, rack and chin-up/dip station (from NY barbell), but I pick up a weight or two whenever I do my big monthly shopping trip to Super Walmart. Sears also sells an olympic set - may want to watch for a sale.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Bump on Walmart. The shipping is going to eat up any bit of savings on mail ordering the weights. I mail ordered the olympic bar, rack and chin-up/dip station (from NY barbell), but I pick up a weight or two whenever I do my big monthly shopping trip to Super Walmart. Sears also sells an olympic set - may want to watch for a sale.
Yes, ironically, shipping will likely be more costly than the plate value. NY barbell is great for benches and racks.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, one hell of a rock :) No , I looked at my local wal mart/sears/sams club/ebay(local) and found zero and the local sport stores want damn near a dollar a pound and that's with me still having to buy the bars. I just wanted a set that was solid and would last and that I could put to use when I couldn't make it to the gym instead of sitting here typing **** :)