for Bobo about cardio am
- 01-30-2005, 05:48 PM
About cardio in the AM
Hello Bobo and everybody else
Do you know if there is any studys or research on protein supplementation before low cardio in the morning that shows that protein stops or reduce muscle breakdown during morning cardio? vs cardio on empty stomac in the morning?
The reson I ask is becourse we have a discusion about this on a european board
and I belive in what you have said in the poll cardio on emty stomac on this forum and I have said the same as you but they are asking for research or else they think protein before cardio is the onlyway to lose fat...
- 01-30-2005, 09:11 PM
- 6'1" 221 lbs.
- Join Date
- Nov 2002
- Rep Power
Any nutrient before cardio reduces catabolic activity (which in turn reduces fat loss). Cardio on an empty stomach is only recommended when intensity is low. Anything higher and you should consume some sort of nutrients.
I do not know of any research that compares fat loss when intensity is low when either a protein drink is consumed or nothing at all. I don't really see a need to perform that study either. Catabolic activity will always be lower when a protein drink is consumed.For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
Similar Forum Threads
- By 5111 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 21Last Post: 09-03-2004, 11:29 PM
- By Jag in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
- By NPursuit in forum Training ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 07-07-2004, 10:39 AM
- By champs in forum Weight LossReplies: 21Last Post: 06-30-2004, 07:40 PM
- By pegasus in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2004, 08:57 PM