Is cardio a must?

gadimon

gadimon

Awards
I'm on a good plan/diet, see link for details and progress pics:
h**p://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/241520-stack-review-my.html

The only thing I am not doing in my plan is cardio.
So far I am progressing along, but we I hit a wall in a few lbs? Or rather when I try to go below a certain % since I don't do cardio at all right now?

In short - cardio, a neccesary evil?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No it is not necessary generally if you are keeping up lifting intensity.

To reach your lowest possible BF% yes it will be needed. I can hit sub 10% without, proper diet is the biggest factor.

gadimon

gadimon

Awards
Thank you for your reply, I was hoping to take the lazy way out.
Will do some cardio...
Just so my heart doesn't explode from lack of endurance.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you aren't a fan of cardio (who is? :)), I'd recommend "saving" it for if/when you hit a plateau. It can be a valuable tool when used intelligently, but also work against your end goal if poorly implemented. This can depend on the form and amount of cardio, and at what point it's started in your diet. I'm currently in contest prep, haven't done any, and if I do at some point, it'll probably be minimal.

Here's a recent article on the topic:

http://www.t-nation.com/training/regular-cardio-will-make-you-fat

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
If you aren't a fan of cardio (who is? :)), I'd recommend "saving" it for if/when you hit a plateau. It can be a valuable tool when used intelligently, but also work against your end goal if poorly implemented. This can depend on the form and amount of cardio, and at what point it's started in your diet. I'm currently in contest prep, haven't done any, and if I do at some point, it'll probably be minimal. Here's a recent article on the topic: http://www.t-nation.com/training/regular-cardio-will-make-you-fat
Agree here completely! I would always start with minimal cardio and add it in slowly and intelligently.

Good luck bud