Tricep help

LatManNathy

Awards
I've been training my triceps regularly, but I'm not getting the kinda growth I've been experiencing in the rest of body. What are some great workouts or exercises to get bigger more toned tris?

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
What is your training split?

What exercises do you currently incorporate for triceps?

LatManNathy

Awards
My split is biceps/back, triceps/chest, legs repeat .
Right now I'm doing rope push downs, skull crushers, cable extensions, close grip bench, and kickbacks

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
possible suggestion

Back
Chest
rest
legs
Arms
rest
rest(or repeat if you don't care to keep things the same week to week)

another note: Do you do any direct shoulder work

this way your now hitting your tri's twice a week, one indirectly through chest day (throw 1-2 direct tri exercises) and then a single day devoted to blasting them.

your exercise selection seems fine.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My split is biceps/back, triceps/chest, legs repeat .
Right now I'm doing rope push downs, skull crushers, cable extensions, close grip bench, and kickbacks
Reverse grip bench press has a nice double effect on chest and tris activation. Overhead exercises are good for size as well. You won't see strength gains, that's what compounds are for, but they'll help with size. Same for bis. The further your elbows are behind you, the better for bigger bis.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I put some good size on my tris once I began doing seated triceps pushdowns/dips... Also if you don't already do them try close grip bench on the smith machine

Rhfarris

Rhfarris

Awards
Reverse grip bench press has a nice double effect on chest and tris activation. Overhead exercises are good for size as well. You won't see strength gains, that's what compounds are for, but they'll help with size. Same for bis. The further your elbows are behind you, the better for bigger bis.
This ^ reverse grip bench and strict OHP are awesome for building big tris! Not to mention all their other benefits.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pronated db kickbacks....awkward and tuff to get the form down at first but they will wreck your tris. John meadows has a video of them on his YouTube channel.

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
try really focusing on your target area, "mind muscle connection" is key for "hypertrophy". make sure you get a good pump with a heavy enough weight cause that basically will tell you if you hit your triceps good or not...if your not feeling it then your not going to get what you want outof it...you can do as many diff exercises as you want wont help you if you dont get that mind muscle connection on point. people usually have this prob with bench for their chest...if your not feeling it where you should, your not hitting it right and it wont grow...also genetics play a huge roll if all the above is not the case, some people just have to work with what they got and make the best of it.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
try really focusing on your target area, "mind muscle connection" is key for "hypertrophy". make sure you get a good pump with a heavy enough weight cause that basically will tell you if you hit your triceps good or not...if your not feeling it then your not going to get what you want outof it...you can do as many diff exercises as you want wont help you if you dont get that mind muscle connection on point. people usually have this prob with bench for their chest...if your not feeling it where you should, your not hitting it right and it wont grow...also genetics play a huge roll if all the above is not the case, some people just have to work with what they got and make the best of it.
Mehh

Mystere3

Awards
Increase the intensity of your tri workouts. Add a fst-7 finisher with rope pushdown at the end of arm day; that should do the trick.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Close grip bench supersetted with weighted dips

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Love how everyone throws out random exercises.
It gives me a "pump" so I know its working.... thats the only way you know its working right? The pump?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Intensity + diligence + consistency + caloric surplus

And if that fails, MGF ftw.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Close grip bench supersetted with weighted dips
^^^This!! Over head presses are also good for hitting triceps. I also like to throw in tricep kickbacks on a pulley machine for extra time under tension.

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
It gives me a "pump" so I know its working.... thats the only way you know its working right? The pump?
Wow you completely misunderstood what I wrote. It was about mind muscle connection, for bodybuilding, for hypertrophy that's very important, time under tension and feeling the muscle working.