Tricep help

  1. Tricep help


    I've been training my triceps regularly, but I'm not getting the kinda growth I've been experiencing in the rest of body. What are some great workouts or exercises to get bigger more toned tris?


  2. What is your training split?

    What exercises do you currently incorporate for triceps?
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422

  3. My split is biceps/back, triceps/chest, legs repeat .
    Right now I'm doing rope push downs, skull crushers, cable extensions, close grip bench, and kickbacks
    •   
       


  4. possible suggestion

    Back
    Chest
    rest
    legs
    Arms
    rest
    rest(or repeat if you don't care to keep things the same week to week)

    another note: Do you do any direct shoulder work


    this way your now hitting your tri's twice a week, one indirectly through chest day (throw 1-2 direct tri exercises) and then a single day devoted to blasting them.

    your exercise selection seems fine.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422

  5. Dips and make sure you flex on the *******.

    Love me some dips.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by LatManNathy View Post
    My split is biceps/back, triceps/chest, legs repeat .
    Right now I'm doing rope push downs, skull crushers, cable extensions, close grip bench, and kickbacks
    Reverse grip bench press has a nice double effect on chest and tris activation. Overhead exercises are good for size as well. You won't see strength gains, that's what compounds are for, but they'll help with size. Same for bis. The further your elbows are behind you, the better for bigger bis.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

  7. I put some good size on my tris once I began doing seated triceps pushdowns/dips... Also if you don't already do them try close grip bench on the smith machine

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Reverse grip bench press has a nice double effect on chest and tris activation. Overhead exercises are good for size as well. You won't see strength gains, that's what compounds are for, but they'll help with size. Same for bis. The further your elbows are behind you, the better for bigger bis.
    This ^ reverse grip bench and strict OHP are awesome for building big tris! Not to mention all their other benefits.
    www.farrisintensitytraining.co m

  9. Pronated db kickbacks....awkward and tuff to get the form down at first but they will wreck your tris. John meadows has a video of them on his YouTube channel.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  10. try really focusing on your target area, "mind muscle connection" is key for "hypertrophy". make sure you get a good pump with a heavy enough weight cause that basically will tell you if you hit your triceps good or not...if your not feeling it then your not going to get what you want outof it...you can do as many diff exercises as you want wont help you if you dont get that mind muscle connection on point. people usually have this prob with bench for their chest...if your not feeling it where you should, your not hitting it right and it wont grow...also genetics play a huge roll if all the above is not the case, some people just have to work with what they got and make the best of it.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by chitown58 View Post
    try really focusing on your target area, "mind muscle connection" is key for "hypertrophy". make sure you get a good pump with a heavy enough weight cause that basically will tell you if you hit your triceps good or not...if your not feeling it then your not going to get what you want outof it...you can do as many diff exercises as you want wont help you if you dont get that mind muscle connection on point. people usually have this prob with bench for their chest...if your not feeling it where you should, your not hitting it right and it wont grow...also genetics play a huge roll if all the above is not the case, some people just have to work with what they got and make the best of it.
    Mehh

  12. Increase the intensity of your tri workouts. Add a fst-7 finisher with rope pushdown at the end of arm day; that should do the trick.

  13. Close grip bench supersetted with weighted dips

  14. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Close grip bench supersetted with weighted dips
    Love how everyone throws out random exercises.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by chitown58 View Post

    Love how everyone throws out random exercises.
    It gives me a "pump" so I know its working.... thats the only way you know its working right? The pump?

  16. Intensity + diligence + consistency + caloric surplus

    And if that fails, MGF ftw.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Close grip bench supersetted with weighted dips
    ^^^This!! Over head presses are also good for hitting triceps. I also like to throw in tricep kickbacks on a pulley machine for extra time under tension.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

    It gives me a "pump" so I know its working.... thats the only way you know its working right? The pump?
    Wow you completely misunderstood what I wrote. It was about mind muscle connection, for bodybuilding, for hypertrophy that's very important, time under tension and feeling the muscle working.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tricep help!!!!
    By Russsssssssss in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
  2. Tricep help.....
    By pman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
  3. tricep lateral head help/question
    By dead_i_katid in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM
  4. Outer tricep head........... i need some help
    By good_guye28 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:18 PM
  5. Tricep size help!
    By Bean in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Log in
Log in