Best ab workouts? - AnabolicMinds.com

Best ab workouts?

1. New Member

Best ab workouts?

How could i get bulky abs?
    I hope you guys know what i mean..
    Im talking about them strong lol i dont know how to explain it but not them flat ass abs :b

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

There have been about 1,000 threads on AM with the "abs" question. The highlights are as follows:

1:Abs are made in the kitchen, if you don't eat a good/clean diet, forget about it.

2: sit ups are not the way to do it, so trash your "sit-up challenge" app from your phone...it's garbage.

3: heavy compound lifts are where it's at. Lifts that use your entire body and core to build overall strength will get you the most bang for your buck. (Ex: Deadlift, squat, bench, and variations of these)

4: don't train abs every day, train them like any other muscle (remember, they are getting serious work from the lifts mentioned above, no need to over do it)

That's all I got, hope it helps
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I agree with ^. I used to do abs everyday. Now once or twice week at most. My abs usually hurt more on Leg day than any ab day; Same goes for back workout if i'm doing bent over rows where your core is engaged a lot.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

One more thing; I know its not common in the modern age of bodybuilding but I have been doing the Stomach Vacuum for about 6 months now and I think its a great exercise to add into your ab routine. Its very weird but all the old school bb'ers used to do them and it also trains you how to make your midsection look as slim as possible while making your abs pop at the same time. It's also known to help slim the waste. I can send you links on instructional but you can find a lot on you tube and BB forums. Lots of people will get all over me for recommending this but its a proven exercise for the abs.

My 2 Cents,
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Yeah, i agree compound movements are the best. My abs get more doms from doing heavy squats.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    There have been about 1,000 threads on AM with the "abs" question. The highlights are as follows: 1:Abs are made in the kitchen, if you don't eat a good/clean diet, forget about it. 2: sit ups are not the way to do it, so trash your "sit-up challenge" app from your phone...it's garbage. 3: heavy compound lifts are where it's at. Lifts that use your entire body and core to build overall strength will get you the most bang for your buck. (Ex: Deadlift, squat, bench, and variations of these) 4: don't train abs every day, train them like any other muscle (remember, they are getting serious work from the lifts mentioned above, no need to over do it) That's all I got, hope it helps
    Wrivest come on this info is horrible! You must cl up nutriasystem or Jenny Craig to get abs! They cost 4 easy payments of your soul.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Wrivest come on this info is horrible! You must cl up nutriasystem or Jenny Craig to get abs! They cost 4 easy payments of your soul.
    dammit....I knew my abs were a fluke!! I'm gonna go join curves for women now
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Follow mike "the situation" ab routine
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  196 lbs.

Just eat right and train them twice a week. No need to overtrain if you have a clean diet
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

How about the ab roller wearing a weighted vest?
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    There have been about 1,000 threads on AM with the "abs" question. The highlights are as follows:

1:Abs are made in the kitchen, if you don't eat a good/clean diet, forget about it.

2: sit ups are not the way to do it, so trash your "sit-up challenge" app from your phone...it's garbage.

3: heavy compound lifts are where it's at. Lifts that use your entire body and core to build overall strength will get you the most bang for your buck. (Ex: Deadlift, squat, bench, and variations of these)

4: don't train abs every day, train them like any other muscle (remember, they are getting serious work from the lifts mentioned above, no need to over do it)

That's all I got, hope it helps
    Great advice!
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcslick View Post
    Great advice!
    im probably going too train them next week or so because i lifted all im going too this week my wrist is hurting from my weak tendons jn my arm
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Hallo!

I never, ever do ab-work.
    I think, as many already written, that the cure spells:
    Heavy Squats, Deads and Standing presses in a nice combo with diet discipline.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best ab workouts?
    By dustyboi808 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 01:00 AM
  2. Best ab workouts
    By Dark horse in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 05:57 PM
  3. best pre-workout stack?
    By pb2xtreme1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17