Full Time Employee/Student need help

PhazzedOut

Awards
I'm addicted to working out. Not for ascetics, health, or the girls but rather I love that burn. That sense of accomplishment when you went up a plate.

With that being said, I recently enrolled in school and become a full time student. My schedule is 8am to 12:30pm then work from 2pm until 10:30pm or an hour overtime.

I don't wish to be just a weekend warrior but I also don't want to kill myself. Would it be feasible to put in some workouts in my schedule during the week. Weekends I have off.

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
I'm in the exact situation. I work 36 hours a week and am enrolled in 4 courses.

Could you workout at 7 and still get to class by 8?

Does your school have a gym? Mine does and I often sneak off if even for 40 minutes or so.

Weekends are great for me as well as I often don't feel rushed to get anywhere (assuming your weekends are completely free).

PhazzedOut

Awards
... Weekends are great for me as well as I often don't feel rushed to get anywhere (assuming your weekends are completely free).
I have weekends absolutely free which is why I will definitely use to workout but I want to do something during the week.

I could sneak in a workout in the middle of school and work but my question is would I be killing myself?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could sneak in a workout in the middle of school and work but my question is would I be killing myself?
Well, what kind of "work" are you doing?
What does your W/O's look like?
You're pretty much the only one who can answer your question, depending on how much your work capacity is at this point and how you ease into to it and build or cycle your abilities and intensities.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IT can definitely be done, after my commute to work I end up working 11 hours a day and have a newborn at home but still fit in a few workouts a week. I use my lunch break to get in a quick workout, 40 minutes tops. Then hit it really hard on the weekend. For you possibly before you start your day? I would use your break to get some good nutrition in and regroup before starting work.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I'm addicted to working out. Not for ascetics, health, or the girls but rather I love that burn. That sense of accomplishment when you went up a plate.

With that being said, I recently enrolled in school and become a full time student. My schedule is 8am to 12:30pm then work from 2pm until 10:30pm or an hour overtime.

I don't wish to be just a weekend warrior but I also don't want to kill myself. Would it be feasible to put in some workouts in my schedule during the week. Weekends I have off.
Of course it's possible. I'm in graduate school now and have been lifting at least 5 days a week for at least 2 hours a day since my sophomore year. That entire time I was a full time student and had a job.