1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

JOINT PAINS

Hi everyone,

I've been getting a dry kind of feeling in my knees, especially when attempting low squats - even just body-weight. It leads to a sharp pain that just doesn't feel right. It's not in just one either, it's both knees and it's really depressing me that when I start to get into a good training rhythm my body starts holding me back. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any idea on what could be the culprit and/or how to train with/around it?

Also, I had some shoulder issues a few months ago - slight inflammation and bursitis or thickening of the synovial fluid I believe was the result of the ultrasound. Something like that anyway. I also had a muscle imbalance from weak rear delts so spent a lot of time strengthening RC's and rear delts with facepulls etc. Everything was all good, I was still avoiding overhead presses because they seemed to aggravate my shoulder but now I'm getting a terrible pain that's hard to pinpoint, but it's sharp and fairly constant and seems to be around my collarbone and in my shoulder, striking off all pushing movements from my training regime.
    I stopped doing anything for almost two weeks hoping I would start to heal but nothing is changing. I managed a few chin ups yesterday just to test it out and still feeling it in my shoulder. . .

I love my training but I'm finding it hard to do anything with all the aches and pains and don't want to suffer worse injuries in the near future because I didn't let them rest or listen to my body. How do you all stay motivated during this time and maintain your physique?

Sometimes I think as much as I love to lift and train and improve myself, it's just easier to be a fat ass haha.
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.67%

Do you use AAS?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Quote Originally Posted by tcslick View Post
    Do you use AAS?
    What's that?
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Oh, hang on.. you mean anabolics?

No.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I understand your pain for me I get knee pain from sprints, sternum pain from weighted dips, a stiff neck from shrugs and tendinitis from pull-ups. It's never ending lol. Mind you these are just little twinges that last a day or so but it still sucks. Right now I modified my diet a little bit cutting down on carbs and cals just slightly and my strength starts to plateau. It's really really difficult to do this shyt naturally especially when the genetics aren't their and I didn't even start training until I was 25. The late start didn't help
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MyKH3LL View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been getting a dry kind of feeling in my knees, especially when attempting low squats - even just body-weight. It leads to a sharp pain that just doesn't feel right. It's not in just one either, it's both knees and it's really depressing me that when I start to get into a good training rhythm my body starts holding me back. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any idea on what could be the culprit and/or how to train with/around it? Also, I had some shoulder issues a few months ago - slight inflammation and bursitis or thickening of the synovial fluid I believe was the result of the ultrasound. Something like that anyway. I also had a muscle imbalance from weak rear delts so spent a lot of time strengthening RC's and rear delts with facepulls etc. Everything was all good, I was still avoiding overhead presses because they seemed to aggravate my shoulder but now I'm getting a terrible pain that's hard to pinpoint, but it's sharp and fairly constant and seems to be around my collarbone and in my shoulder, striking off all pushing movements from my training regime. I stopped doing anything for almost two weeks hoping I would start to heal but nothing is changing. I managed a few chin ups yesterday just to test it out and still feeling it in my shoulder. . . I love my training but I'm finding it hard to do anything with all the aches and pains and don't want to suffer worse injuries in the near future because I didn't let them rest or listen to my body. How do you all stay motivated during this time and maintain your physique? Sometimes I think as much as I love to lift and train and improve myself, it's just easier to be a fat ass haha.
    R u using any joint support supplements?
    Listen to ur body.. If something doesn't feel right, than stop...
    During the process of recovery it is important to focus on ur diet, and if possible train other muscle groups...
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    R u using any joint support supplements?
    Listen to ur body.. If something doesn't feel right, than stop...
    During the process of recovery it is important to focus on ur diet, and if possible train other muscle groups...
    Yeah I'm taking Cissus and fish oil.

I've cut back on calories a little since I'm not hitting the iron but between knees and shoulders it feels like upper and lower body are no go zones. Very frustrating!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MyKH3LL View Post
    Yeah I'm taking Cissus and fish oil.

I've cut back on calories a little since I'm not hitting the iron but between knees and shoulders it feels like upper and lower body are no go zones. Very frustrating!
    You may want to review your diet. Are there any foods you eat regularly that may be causing your joint inflammation?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    You may want to review your diet. Are there any foods you eat regularly that may be causing your joint inflammation?
    Hmmm... good question. I'm not sure to be honest.

What are the main culprits? I eat a lot of eggs, chicken/steak, broccoli, sweet potato, cheese - cottage, swiss, feta, onions, wholemeal breads, avocado, natural PB, blueberries, apples, banana etc.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I understand your pain for me I get knee pain from sprints, sternum pain from weighted dips, a stiff neck from shrugs and tendinitis from pull-ups. It's never ending lol. Mind you these are just little twinges that last a day or so but it still sucks. Right now I modified my diet a little bit cutting down on carbs and cals just slightly and my strength starts to plateau. It's really really difficult to do this shyt naturally especially when the genetics aren't their and I didn't even start training until I was 25. The late start didn't help
    Haha, yeah it sucks man! My partner gives me grief all the time because she's actually 4 years older than me, but I limp around the house most days like I'm twice her age haha.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.14%

I just started having an AC joint issue in the shoulder. Due to overhead press....ego lift resulting in bad form. From what I have learned here it is either form, diet or recovery time is lacking.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's the best supp.for elbow + joint pain
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. M4OHN & Joint Pain?
    By diamonddave in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 10:32 AM
  3. Joint pain with tren/test cyp?
    By FrTimothy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11