Which routine for 10 week bulk

GH247

GH247

Awards
Going to be bulking here for the next 10 weeks and can't decide which way to go for my training split. It should be noted I have trained seriously for about the past 4 years. I listed the 2 options I am considering below. Basically, I can't decide whether I should hit each muscle group 2x a week and therefore train 6x a week or just hit each group 1x a week. I love going to the gym and would really prefer to go with option 1 but I am concerned that I may run myself into the ground and hurt my gains. I have done the option 2 split before with decent success, but just hoping to really maximize my gains over these next 10 weeks.

Any help from those with much more experience than me would be greatly appreciated. Also, I usually go pretty high volume in my workouts. Roughly How many sets/muscle group for each workout should I do if I am hitting them hard 2x a week.

Option 1

Day 1 - Back/Biceps
Day 2 - Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day 3 - Legs/Traps/Abs
Day 4 - Back/Biceps
Day 5 - Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day 6 - Legs/Traps/Abs
Day 7 - Rest

Option 2

Day 1 - Shoulders/Triceps
Day 2 - Rest
Day 3 - Back/Traps/Abs
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Chest/Biceps
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Legs/Abs

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet is going to be the most important factor when it comes to gaining OR losing weight. I would just do push pull legs rest repeat.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Option 1

Day 1 - Back/Biceps
Day 2 - Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day 3 - Legs/Traps/Abs
Day 4 - Back/Biceps
Day 5 - Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day 6 - Legs/Traps/Abs
Day 7 - Rest

Option 2

Day 1 - Shoulders/Triceps
Day 2 - Rest
Day 3 - Back/Traps/Abs
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Chest/Biceps
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Legs/Abs
In option 1 I'm not sure why you would want to train traps after you just hit them during shoulders the day before. And if you're bulking you may want to consider dropping ab work in order to focus on the gaining the mass you're looking for if you are trully bulking. I've added 2 lbs. in the past 3 weeks by using antagonistic training.

Chest/Traps
Quads/Calves
Shoulders/Lats
Hamstrings/Calves
Only rest once every 2 weeks or so.

Currently 204 lbs, macros are 450 - 500 carbs, 200 - 250 protein, 50 - 100 fat, but they all fluctuate obviuosly. Just a suggestion though.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
that is a body part split not a workout. you can do any split you want as long as intensity and volume are balanced to fit the frequency levels.

if you dont know how to do that i would recommend getting on a proven program for at least 6 months and learn from it. it is proven for a reason.