Major Focus

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Was wondering if any of you take anything for mental focus? I have no problem getting psyched for a heavy 1RM but since 1.3dim was taken out of all pre-workouts i find my tunnel vision/focus to be quite poor during normal sets of 4x8 etc. Sometimes I do really struggle and it can affect my sets.

Have you guys taken anything of similar qualities of 1.3? Would love to know.

Thanks for your time

Grinnell27

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I just finished a log for ANS Ritual, and I have become a big fan. One of the things i noted, was the focus that accompanies the very smooth energy that it provides. I will definitely use this again and I would take Ritual over any 1.3dim product.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/239527-focus-energy-power.html
Well this may just settle it for me... Im going to have to give it a try once i finish my last bit of N.O. Xplode 2.0.

Thanks for the help bro

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've used Focus XT before. Great product meant for exactly what you're talking about.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
DMAA has been a hard thing to replace for me as well. I still have a small bit left in my stash and am not looking forward to when it is completely used up. For me its more the amped up affect than the focus that I enjoyed most about it.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I've used Focus XT before. Great product meant for exactly what you're talking about.
Have heard about this too... Im actually now torn. Like you say Focus XT is designed for that one purpose.... But can it be used as a PWO?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
DMAA has been a hard thing to replace for me as well. I still have a small bit left in my stash and am not looking forward to when it is completely used up. For me its more the amped up affect than the focus that I enjoyed most about it.
I know its awful man... That stuff was just unmatchable. I remember first having it with HemoRage and nothing has been the same since.

EDIT: sorry for double post, not sure how that happened?

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Have heard about this too... Im actually now torn. Like you say Focus XT is designed for that one purpose.... But can it be used as a PWO?
I have not used Focus XT, but know that SNS is a reputable company with great reviews. Focus XT does have caffeine, so not only does it have the ingredients aiming at improving Focus, but it should also give you a little energy. The downside, is that unlike a traditional PWO, I don't believe there are any N.O. ingredients or pump inducers, as in something like Ritual which may not have as big of a focus as XT, but all around has energy, pump, and focus ingredients.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I know its awful man... That stuff was just unmatchable. I remember first having it with HemoRage and nothing has been the sasme since.
As stated earlier Focus XT will help with the mental aspect of it but if you are looking for the stim affect it may leave something to be desired.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I have not used Focus XT, but know that SNS is a reputable company with great reviews. Focus XT does have caffeine, so not only does it have the ingredients aiming at improving Focus, but it should also give you a little energy. The downside, is that unlike a traditional PWO, I don't believe there are any N.O. ingredients or pump inducers, as in something like Ritual which may not have as big of a focus as XT, but all around has energy, pump, and focus ingredients.
Your not helping with my decision :) haha... Actually you are, im really leaning towards Ritual now, wish I could sample some... Wish more companies would do free samples.

As stated earlier Focus XT will help with the mental aspect of it but if you are looking for the stim affect it may leave something to be desired.
Yeah i see what you mean, I would prefer it in a PWO just so its easier. But doesnt have to be essential.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mixing Focus XT with your PWO of choice is a good way to utilize it for workouts.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Mixing Focus XT with your PWO of choice is a good way to utilize it for workouts.
^^^This!! Also just make sure whatever you mix FXT with doesn't contain yohimbine. L-Tyrosine and yohimbine don't play well together from what I understand.

Edit: You could also consider mixing up your own pre workout. SNS, BioCore and NP all sell bulk ingredients for relatively cheap.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I thought this... only issue is that it already has 200mg of caffeine... and so does my PWO. Think with 400mg of caffeine i might end up going for a nap lol.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought this... only issue is that it already has 200mg of caffeine... and so does my PWO. Think with 400mg of caffeine i might end up going for a nap lol.
Focus XT with Hemavol would be a great way to go then. I've heard of people stacking these 2 with great results.