Looking for a good workout routine of crossfit/weights

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

Looking for a good workout routine of crossfit/weights

I was wondering if anyone could help me create a good, structured workout routine? I would like it to be a mix Imogene crossfit and weights mixed. I am looking to lean out while still maintaining muscle and building strength. Sort of starting off slow and would like for it to gradually build me up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Crossfit.com

Read up
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

I actually have been reading up. But being newer to the program, it's a lot to intake. And the WODs don't really seem to be structured.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.81%

Those are pretty close to my own goals.
    Get as strong as possible and be lean enough to rock a sixpack.
    Well I don't know much as bout crossfit but from what I hear/read it is pretty hard to follow their programm without a superequipped gym.

Anyway I just do whatever Jamie Lewis advises since he is constantly between 8 snd 4% bf while being 17lb away from breaking a 40year old record in raw lifting. Even though he never trained for powerlifting before deciding to get that record.

In essence: lift heavy and often using mostly barbell compound movements. Eat meat and little else.
    People keep telling me how much muscle I built and I gained some 12lb over the last 5 months while losing some bf.
    That **** works.

Tldr; visit chaos and pain blog
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

I have a gym that has all the equipment, but I do know weights and compound movements are the way to go. I'll be sure to check that out. Thank you.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.21%

ripptoe SS with add ons

A:squat-bench-power clean B:squat-press-deadlift

perform on mon-wed-fri schedule alternating the workouts as rx week 1: A-b-A week 2:b-A-b etc..
    on tues & thurs complete snatch high pulls/weighted dips on one day then incline bench/weight pullups on the other

the snatch high pulls will help with the initial pulls obvly, and enabling you to do more weight
    then after your strength training on your tues & thurs routine conduct a wod/run a certain movement in the pyramid scheme ascending/descending or Every minute on the minute type metcon.

now people have different ideas on over training but i believe it to be subjective to each person. so on sat/sun i do alot of skill work snatch's/overhead squats/'CLEAN' & jerks (as in what crossfit calls the "squat clean") this will also help train your front squat/ and just random gymnastic movements ie. handstand walks & pushups/consecutive muscle-ups bar & rings/L sits and so on.

i know people might criticize the lack of "rest" but i believe it to be adaptive to ones lifestyle on whether or not you do so.
    obviously a strong training background and DIET are very essential to ones ability to train consistently and know when to take it easy/rest
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chunsababy83 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could help me create a good, structured workout routine? I would like it to be a mix Imogene crossfit and weights mixed. I am looking to lean out while still maintaining muscle and building strength. Sort of starting off slow and would like for it to gradually build me up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    You sure you want to do Crossfit now? Apparently it severs spines.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

Quote Originally Posted by L4T3R4LUS46n2 View Post
    ripptoe SS with add ons

A:squat-bench-power clean B:squat-press-deadlift

perform on mon-wed-fri schedule alternating the workouts as rx week 1: A-b-A week 2:b-A-b etc..
    on tues & thurs complete snatch high pulls/weighted dips on one day then incline bench/weight pullups on the other

the snatch high pulls will help with the initial pulls obvly, and enabling you to do more weight
    then after your strength training on your tues & thurs routine conduct a wod/run a certain movement in the pyramid scheme ascending/descending or Every minute on the minute type metcon.

now people have different ideas on over training but i believe it to be subjective to each person. so on sat/sun i do alot of skill work snatch's/overhead squats/'CLEAN' & jerks (as in what crossfit calls the "squat clean") this will also help train your front squat/ and just random gymnastic movements ie. handstand walks & pushups/consecutive muscle-ups bar & rings/L sits and so on.

i know people might criticize the lack of "rest" but i believe it to be adaptive to ones lifestyle on whether or not you do so.
    obviously a strong training background and DIET are very essential to ones ability to train consistently and know when to take it easy/rest
    Thanks. That actually sounds like a good plan. I've been doing my research, and I do know it starts with a better diet. Been on track with a solid diet to work on my metabolism and cut out the junk, which actually makes me feel better throughout the day. Doing workouts by myself, so it's a learning process. I will research the workouts you suggested and start putting them in my routine. Thank you for your post!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    You sure you want to do Crossfit now? Apparently it severs spines.
    I'm sure I will be okay lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for a good tricep workout
    By Guido1983 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 07:53 PM
  2. Looking for a good gym out of town
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 01:04 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 05:35 PM