Anyone try Dogg Crapp Training?

ThinkbigAX

Awards
Just trying to get some opinions about it and a few others. What the upside to each?

ThinkbigAX

Awards
I've ran it once and I like it but I seems to not get warmed up enough to hit my target weight, but then it becomes a hour long lifting session which I don't have time for at times.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I responded well. Make sure you eat and recover well.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried 3 cycles and responded well. My goals have shifted to strength training alone, which is better addressed in other programs, but DC training will get you big and strong.

My biggest recommendation; run it as written, do not bastardize it.

ThinkbigAX

Awards
I've tried 3 cycles and responded well. My goals have shifted to strength training alone, which is better addressed in other programs, but DC training will get you big and strong.

My biggest recommendation; run it as written, do not bastardize it.
Nice! Yeah I ran it by the book last time. Just need to get a good spotter to run it with.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I modify it until it's unrecognizable. Maybe I'll do it right this time around.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I've ran it through three times for a 12 week cycle each time and found some pretty significant hypertrophy results. The key is by doing the rest/pause you're activating your slow twitch fibers near the end of the sets and since the fast twitch was worked a lot during the first set - you're accomplishing both fiber types being trained (so it's basically getting the best of both high/low reps).

I wouldn't try the rest/pause technique with squats or deadlifts (injuries waiting to happen), but with other movements you'll really notice a huge difference if you do it right. Just remember to continue using the progressive overload principle, which in this case can be used efficiently through volume increments gradually over a period.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DC Training is definitely legit! If over 35 make sure to use the recommendations for that age group which basically increases the rep ranges to keep the joints safe.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with the rest - really valuable, effective program. Very fun as well.

ThinkbigAX

Awards
DC Training is definitely legit! If over 35 make sure to use the recommendations for that age group which basically increases the rep ranges to keep the joints safe.
I wasn't aware there was a recommendation for people over 35. I'll have to reread it bc I'm 32 lol. Since I workout solo, I may have to re think doing DC anyway.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't aware there was a recommendation for people over 35. I'll have to reread it bc I'm 32 lol. Since I workout solo, I may have to re think doing DC anyway.
Lots of guys in your age bracket and above follow DC; it's just that for injury prevention choosing a higher rest-pause rep scheme is necessary.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need a training partner for this program unless you do it modified(I did solo, and still loved it)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need a training partner for this program unless you do it modified(I did solo, and still loved it)
I did most of the heavier training on Hammer Strength when training alone. Works perfectly!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think just the static holds and negatives you can't really do as effectively. I used smith and hammer strength more often than I normally would.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I don't do the forced negatives unless I have a partner.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I did it and I responded very well to it. Go for it, man.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
DC is awesome!! I dont think I know a single person that has done it correctly and not had amazing gains!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I had to change it so much it wasn't even funny, but even still I found it to be very effective. The whole concept and the main ideas are wonderful and I still utilize them. 20 - 30 minutes at the gym each day, can't beat that.

Having no spotter, bad shoulders and following a CBL meal plan forced me to have to adjust a whole lot of it, though.

ThinkbigAX

Awards
After this cut, if I don't jump into my show prep, I'll probably jump back into it.

Ministry

Ministry

Awards
Not my cup of tea but maybe for a short period of time.
I´m more of a linear progression kind of trainee.
Small steps over a very long period usally keeps you injury free and aawith descent results.

ThinkbigAX

Awards
Not my cup of tea but maybe for a short period of time.
I´m more of a linear progression kind of trainee.
Small steps over a very long period usally keeps you injury free and aawith descent results.
I understand! Thats all I felt I could stand it the first time i tried it. But it is something to try as a change up for a bit. IMO.