How to get abs with a beer gut

mitchellbooth

Awards
I am fairly lean, do a lot of cardio and eat pretty well, train 6-10 times a week and am currently around 13% body fat, but have a beer gut I have tried everything to change it but it's always still there, would shedding some more bodyfat change this or? Need ideas

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unless your beer gut is made up of some other substance, yes.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
6-10 times a week? Have you tried ending the beer drinking? Or at least limiting it so you don't hardcore binge every night? That's kind of what causes beer guts

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sounds like you train more than enough. Aim for little rest and make sure you're exerting yourself each session.

Diet is the ab maker, increase your deficit and use strategic refeeds as needed.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eating "pretty well", is unfortunately not going to bring the abs out...
My diet was completely in check. Not a gram less or more( protein , fat, carbs) before I reached 6% bf and had abs showing:)
How bout posting some stats n ur current diet..
P.S. U train a lot, lol.... :)

mitchellbooth

Awards
I rarely drink, my body is quiet strange I have 5mm skin folds on Qauds, 15 around my pec region and very little on my triceps, I do fitness every second day, but on my stomach my skin folds are 25 I am 184cm and 80kg

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
I rarely drink, my body is quiet strange I have 5mm skin folds on Qauds, 15 around my pec region and very little on my triceps, I do fitness every second day, but on my stomach my skin folds are 25 I am 184cm and 80kg
I think this is not at all out of the ordinary.
Just lean out some and you will see abs, I really see no possible discussion..

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
how did you determine that 13%? i agree with others and that may be way off.

why do you train 6-10 times a week? can you give us an example of what you do and what intensity level the lifts are, not just the weights but at what % of 1RM they are for you.

and what is eating pretty well? can you detail out what you ate for 1 day, say yesterday. what did you eat all day and the amounts please.

mitchellbooth

Awards
I got my skinfolds tested
Alright so I am training chest and back-legs-arms and shoulders splits 2 times a week each at a rather high weights, with cardio 3-4 times a week either being a 6km road run or hiit for around 45 minutes
Yesterday I had a 4 egg omlett, whey protein shake, had 2 pieces of bread with jam and peanut butter, went to the gym, had a whey protein shake, did some cardio on the way home, had a slice of banana bread, later had a tin of spaghetti and 2 pieces of bread, then chicken and salad for dinner

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Well that was a vague answer. So here is your vague response.

You need to minimize insulin to allow for the usage of adipose tissue.

mightymatt84

mightymatt84

Awards
You might have alot of visceral fat under the muscle giving you the beer gut look. That is the fat that surrounds your organs. So your surface or subcutaneous is low but underneath you still have alot. If you keep cutting you will eventually burn it off but a cortisol suppressor could help you with that a good bit.

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
I got my skinfolds tested
Alright so I am training chest and back-legs-arms and shoulders splits 2 times a week each at a rather high weights, with cardio 3-4 times a week either being a 6km road run or hiit for around 45 minutes
Yesterday I had a 4 egg omlett, whey protein shake, had 2 pieces of bread with jam and peanut butter, went to the gym, had a whey protein shake, did some cardio on the way home, had a slice of banana bread, later had a tin of spaghetti and 2 pieces of bread, then chicken and salad for dinner

Chest one day back arms legs and shoulders the other?

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
You might have alot of visceral fat under the muscle giving you the beer gut look. That is the fat that surrounds your organs. So your surface or subcutaneous is low but underneath you still have alot. If you keep cutting you will eventually burn it off but a cortisol suppressor could help you with that a good bit.
This. Also, how did you test your bodyfat? Many people tend to underestimate their bodyfat percentage. Also, people store their fat differently so the skin fold test is great. Growing your abs helps alot too. I absolutely hate abdominal workouts and tried to rely soley on being lean to get abs, while that worked, I didn't get the definition I wanted until I started doing weighted ab crunches and side bends.

mitchellbooth

Awards
Hey yeah I did my skin folds yeah, as I said all my body fat is stored on my abdomins, I have string abs and do abs 3 times a week at the gym but just don't have the definition

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I know what your dealing with. One cut I was doing a ton of HIIT, LIIT, a ton of ab work and lifting yet I had some stubborn lower abdominal fat I couldn't get rid off. I don't know if this is your problem or if it really is a big beer gut. If its what I initially explained. Cardispan plus a ton of cardio burnt all of that fat off of me fast. In like 1 month

mitchellbooth

Awards
How would I get my hands on that? Is it similar to clen?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I created the perfect video for you. I kept getting asked the same questions and like Rodja suggested, the solution is inevitably fat loss.

I demonstrate how lean you need to be to have abs and how lean you need to be to have fitness model abs.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I created the perfect video for you. I kept getting asked the same questions and like Rodja suggested, the solution is inevitably fat loss. I demonstrate how lean you need to be to have abs and how lean you need to be to have fitness model abs. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WX6iESjL4">YouTube Link</a>
I just saw a few of your videos. Very informative.