Legs Twice A Week?

Football8

Awards
IM doing a popular 3 day 1 day off program so im hitting my legs twice a week. I was wondering if it would be more benificial to do the same workout twice a week hitting the leg everywhere or do Ham workout the one day and a quad workout the next?...I saw the ham and quad workout on the the articles on this site and it seems more practical to split the leg up with Ham and Quad...what do you guys think?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really depends on your goals. If you can split it up you'll have more time to devote to each.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus one session on deadlift followed by something for your quads and hams, preferably compound movements.

The second session, focus on squat, same thing.

I've done this for a year and my legs have put on some good size and strength

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ Agree with that guy and I have done a similar thing for years. Worked well for me hitting various "compound exercises" .

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Focus one session on deadlift followed by something for your quads and hams, preferably compound movements.

The second session, focus on squat, same thing.

I've done this for a year and my legs have put on some good size and strength
^ Agreed with this.

I do squats and deadlift variations on one day and deadlift and squat variations the next.

I.e.

Tuesday
3X5 Squat
3X5 SL Deadlift
3X5 Step Ups
3X10 Calf Raises
Abs

Friday
3X5 Deadlift
3X5 Front Squat
3X5 Glute-Ham Raises
3X10 Calf Raises
Abs

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ Agreed with this.

I do squats and deadlift variations on one day and deadlift and squat variations the next.

I.e.

Tuesday
3X5 Squat
3X5 SL Deadlift
3X5 Step Ups
3X10 Calf Raises
Abs

Friday
3X5 Deadlift
3X5 Front Squat
3X5 Glute-Ham Raises
3X10 Calf Raises
Abs
^^^
That's pretty close to why I do as well based on Sean's recommendation hand put size and Separation on my legs

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't be a vagina, work them wheels! My first leg day are heavy squats /rdl second leg day is heavy deadlifts/front squats

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to put a major focus on hamstrings after college. I focused a ton on jump training for volleyball and had a very serious case of patellar tendinitis. When I split days and did hams on their own day it helped alleviate my knee pain (though I'll never fully be free of it), and since my hamstrings got so much stronger with the focus it helped my other lifts, squat and DL. Added size to my legs as well.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
^ Agreed with this.

I.e.

Tuesday
3X5 Squat
3X5 SL Deadlift
3X5 Step Ups
3X10 Calf Raises
Abs

Friday
3X5 Deadlift
3X5 Front Squat
3X5 Glute-Ham Raises
3X10 Calf Raises
Abs
hey this is very similar to my routine! twice a week, abs on leg days .

I do 4 lift days, 2 upper, 2 lower. I used to do just 3 days but ever since doing legs twice a week, i've gotten significant gains . GL