3 weeks on 1 week off

Matt857

Matt857

Awards
Hey guys, just a question about what I'm doing and is it a good idea I train 6 days a week on full body workouts but I have a heavy day and a light day I train 6 days a week for 3 weeks then 1 week off I am getting stronger and bigger but is this something I can keep doing or is it best to go back to splits after a period of time much appreciated

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys, just a question about what I'm doing and is it a good idea I train 6 days a week on full body workouts but I have a heavy day and a light day I train 6 days a week for 3 weeks then 1 week off I am getting stronger and bigger but is this something I can keep doing or is it best to go back to splits after a period of time much appreciated
As long as your routine now is working then keep doing what your doing. That is as long as there arent any program imbalances (push to pull, etc).

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as your routine now is working then keep doing what your doing. That is as long as there arent any program imbalances (push to pull, etc).
And as long as your nutrition and rest are up to snuff.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you doing for workouts? 6 full body workouts a week sounds rough unless they are low intensity.

Matt857

Matt857

Awards
Hey guys after reading your post I've decided to go back to the push pull legs routine, with 2days off a week, the reason being is that I wrote down the excercises of my full body routine and that of the push pull one, I've noticed I was missing a few key elements in my training and I do no not want a body that looks I've worked one area more then another, the full body routine is good though to push through a Plato for me, witch I have but also I've noticed where I use to be strong in some excercises I've become weaker example my deadlift has decreased and so have my shoulder press, little things to worry about but I do not want to become weaker esp in the deadlift thanks for your quick responses cheers Matt