ACL Replacement

smbrooks10

Awards
I am an active duty service member stationed in 29 palms, CA. I had my ACL replaced september 9th. I weighed a healthy 170lbs and was in pretty decent shape. I now weigh 195 due to exercise limitations because of my surgery. I have just started going back to the gym for a week now and am searching for ways to get good cardio and a good exercise regime so I can get back to where I was at as quickly as possible. Looking for a good, new supplement or two as well to help out.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for your service man. Is the ACL healthy and what kinds of things are you able to do? There are a few good supps out there now for leaning up but I don't have experience with them, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you still on light duty? Doc put any limitations on you?

ThinkbigAX

Awards
I am an active duty service member stationed in 29 palms, CA. I had my ACL replaced september 9th. I weighed a healthy 170lbs and was in pretty decent shape. I now weigh 195 due to exercise limitations because of my surgery. I have just started going back to the gym for a week now and am searching for ways to get good cardio and a good exercise regime so I can get back to where I was at as quickly as possible. Looking for a good, new supplement or two as well to help out.
I have a repaired ACL as well and they had me running during he later months of rehab. But its all about what your comfortable with. May have to start out low impact and work in some HIIT to test the endurance of you knee. As far as supplements, Take lots of fish oil for sure. Other than that, I like Animal Flex and AX Athlete Joint Restore.

Nihsnek

Nihsnek

Awards
Depends on your doc. I would not do any cutting or heavily dynamic movement with your legs though. Straight path only. Also strengthen your VMO and hamstrings a lot. Weak hamstrings are a driver for ACL tears