layne norton phat question .

nightmare1234

Awards
i will start a layne norton phat routine in a few weeks and i have some question:

1. is it good routine for bodybuilding ?
2. i would like to add a deadlift to a power day ,
will it be the best to do the deadlift immidietly after squat or instead of the romanian deadlift?
3. what is the best time for hiit (cardio) ? becuase i am not sure about cardio after legs day
4. because i am training home i have to do some change :
front squat instead of hack squat
walking barbell lunge instead of leg press
dumbbell fly instead of cable fly
dumbell press instead of hammer strengh bench press
is it ok ?
5.i have made some chain for the speed work so how can i know how much weight to use if i add the chain to the bar ?
6. how the speed work should look like ? i mean when i bench press should i pull the weight slowly and push as fast as i can ? or something else ?
ty very much guys i really excited to start this routine

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
1.Any routine is fine, its all about the nutrition that is utilized WITH the training.
2.I did 2 power days, Chest and back, and Shoulers and legs...
3.HIIT cardio POST workout... never on an empty stomach... make sure well fed prior to doing it... your muscles will thank you later!!!
4.With PHAT, you don't have to do a specific set of exercises... always cater to what you have available..
5.How much does the chain weigh?
6. slow negative, push up quickly

nightmare1234

Awards
it is the funnest routine i have have done .
ty for replaying .
1. i have seen alot of people saying that they have got really good strengh with this routine but not as good as muscle mass .
2.the chain is something like 10 kg i have 4 of 10 each.
3.about the speed work , i have seen alot of people in youtube who are powerlifter that doing speed negative and speed push .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnVDCZSxDfg

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
it is the funnest routine i have have done . ty for replaying . 1. i have seen alot of people saying that they have got really good strengh with this routine but not as good as muscle mass . 2.the chain is something like 10 kg i have 4 of 10 each. 3.about the speed work , i have seen alot of people in youtube who are powerlifter that doing speed negative and speed push . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnVDCZSxDfg
A lot of muscle mass gaining is dependent on nutrition... I love using chains... But not available at my everyday gym...

nightmare1234

Awards
should i do the speed work like in the yotube video ?
or like u said ?

Deak007

Deak007

Awards

nightmare1234

Awards
ok ty very much for everything ,
last question.
do u think a routine can be a good routine witouth strengh work?
like 5 reps and etc...

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
ok ty very much for everything ,
last question.
do u think a routine can be a good routine witouth strengh work?
like 5 reps and etc...
I think the power work and the speed work are both equally essential as the muscle groups are being hit differently in the same week causing unpredictability and therefore muscle growth...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i will start a layne norton phat routine in a few weeks and i have some question:

1. is it good routine for bodybuilding ?
2. i would like to add a deadlift to a power day ,
will it be the best to do the deadlift immidietly after squat or instead of the romanian deadlift?
3. what is the best time for hiit (cardio) ? becuase i am not sure about cardio after legs day
4. because i am training home i have to do some change :
front squat instead of hack squat
walking barbell lunge instead of leg press
dumbbell fly instead of cable fly
dumbell press instead of hammer strengh bench press
is it ok ?
5.i have made some chain for the speed work so how can i know how much weight to use if i add the chain to the bar ?
6. how the speed work should look like ? i mean when i bench press should i pull the weight slowly and push as fast as i can ? or something else ?
ty very much guys i really excited to start this routine
I did his workout a couple of months back and really enjoyed it for the 10 weeks I ran with it.

1. It is in the aspect that you are hitting your body twice a week, with power and then the hypertrophy. Definitely ignites growth, and muscular endurance
2. I would added it on my power back day
3. I tried to seperate cardio, but typically for me my daily is a 5km run before weights as a warm up (fasted).
4. Your substitutions are fine. I workout in my garage - so also had to make some changes along the way.
5. This I am not sure
6. Lower slowly (3-4 count) and explosive on the way up

Enjoy it - have fun with it. Like Deak said if you eat clean and bump cals you will gain mass.

I think the power work and the speed work are both equally essential as the muscle groups are being hit differently in the same week causing unpredictability and therefore muscle growth...
^^^ This totally

nightmare1234

Awards
ty very much man :)
waiting to start adapt to this routine and lift heavy :)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have fun with it man, I loved the 12 week run I did with it and will be hitting it up again this spring! You can definitely substitute the way you have laid out with no worries.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty very much :)
what routine are u doing now ?
did u increase the weight on the bar with this routine and muscle mass ?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just coming off of shoulder surgery a few months ago so on my own little routine at the moment. And I saw a drastic increase in my numbers, you'll definitely want to log to keep track of where you started in comparison to where you finished! Size increased as well.

nightmare1234

Awards
Quick Recovery man!
ty very much,
i have a App in my phone i write all the weight and exersices of the power days .

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Enjoy! Hope I was able to help ya out! I actually liked it, but I train by feel now... I might stick to a 5/3/1 or a 5x5 for my next bulk... But IDK...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ty very much :)
what routine are u doing now ?
did u increase the weight on the bar with this routine and muscle mass ?
At the moment I am doing Mountain Dog Training... lovin' it.

When I did phat.. I saw growth, numbers went up, and some muscle shaping.