Pain in elbow during bicep movement?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by newman897 View Post
    Possibly I don't really know enough to make a argument just from what I read and things I've watched. Would you agree changing your grip every now and then would be beneficial in terms of muscle growth?
    I rarely if ever do any bicep iso curling exercises, (have not for probably 10 or so years now) with all of my arm curling coming from various rowing, chinning, pull dwn moves and compound work etc. and my arms are as big or bigger, than when I did 10 sets of curls 2 or so times per week. Also I recently did some strict curls and am 98% as strong in them now than back then, honest. I am with the overrated crowd.
    If anything, grip or forearm work, might be of more benefit IMO and or even maybe a few sets of hammer or reverse curls each week. Nothing wrong with a few sets, but IMO some guys spend waaaaaaaay too much time bombing and blitzing a small muscle that does not need so much iso attention.

2. Update on the situation. I've layed off any biceps lifting movement. Including anything to do with biceps, back, or any type of chest fly since that seemed to put pressure on it. I've keep up with just going 3 days a week. I've been taking anti inflammatory stuff (aspirin) I've been icing my elbow atleast once a day and using penetrex anti inflammatory cream twice a day. I tried a lat pull down yesterday and it felt great where as before I could barely do it. Been about 4 weeks. Gonna lay off it another 2 weeks atleast but seems to be getting better. Thanks for the help guys.
    •   

3. I get that same pain when I do pull ups O.o
    --for video game, product and general funz, visit me at : UnicornDroppings.com
    --Like and subscribe to my youtube channel and i'll forever be your BEST friend ;) : http://www.youtube.com/unicorndroppingschan

4. I did too. It was anything that required my bicep to handle a load (only in my right elbow). It was fine outside of the gym. It's feeling better. Hopefully just tendinitis.

5. Quote Originally Posted by newman897 View Post
    Update on the situation. I've layed off any biceps lifting movement. Including anything to do with biceps, back, or any type of chest fly since that seemed to put pressure on it. I've keep up with just going 3 days a week. I've been taking anti inflammatory stuff (aspirin) I've been icing my elbow atleast once a day and using penetrex anti inflammatory cream twice a day. I tried a lat pull down yesterday and it felt great where as before I could barely do it. Been about 4 weeks. Gonna lay off it another 2 weeks atleast but seems to be getting better. Thanks for the help guys.
    Sounds like the tricep tight. Put a baseball against the wall and self massage the area...especiallythe lower tricep. Saves getting ART. Works for me and my clients....
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Severe pain in quads during lunges?
    By R1187 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 10:41 AM
  3. Pain in right bicep
    By newman897 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15