Acronym overload

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Acronym overload

Hi everyone,

Looking at starting a 4 week run of GVT for the first time ever. It's equally exciting and intimidating! LOL.

This will also be complimenting my first ever run of ArA which I will be taking with GMS and LCLT, L-Citruline, Agmatine and CreIgnite all preworkout.

I am also dosing Cissus XT in the morning with 2 x Alpha T2 and using Amino IV as an intra workout and a second serving through the day in between meals.

SELECT is my protein of choice at the moment too (currently in love with Snickerdoodle)

Exciting times... Looking forward to some sweet, sweet gainzzzz! haha.

This is my breakdown (8 week cycle) after getting a lot of advice from a few knowledgeable people on this board;

X FACTOR - 4 tabs
    GMS (Glycergrow) - 6 - 9 g
    LCLT - 2 g
    Agmatine - 1 g
    L - Cit - 4 g
    Creatine - 4 g

GVT (4 week cycle) Structure;

PUSH (Monday)
    Incline bench press (want to work on upper chest but could I rotate one week incline, one week flat?)
    Overhead press
    Skull crushers at 3 x 15

PULL (Wednesday)
    BB Bent over rows
    Preacher curls
    + various ab work

LEGS (Friday)
    Squats
    Romanian deadlifts
    Calf raises

After the 4 weeks of GVT I was looking at moving into a 4 week strength based routine of heavy weights and low reps (3 - 6) for the same major lifts above with my supports at 3 x 8 - 12 reps with an upper/lower split much like I'm doing now. Then I will take a week of deconditioning and being supp free to give my body and joints a chance to recover before starting back with another 8 weeks of hypertrophy focused programs.

Appreciate everyones input and advice as it's my first crack at GVT and ArA I just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck. I've been told to expect some additional DOMS on the ArA and the GVT will no doubt only make this worse haha (here comes the pain!) and I've also been advised to increase my calories so I'm going to focus on eating as much as humanly possible

What's everyone's feedback on GVT? Have you had great success? Did you structure it like above or 'tweak' the program a little?
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, so I had my first session of GVT with the ArA yesterday and as above, had my PUSH day.

I guess I kind of underestimated my bench press strength endurance and went a little too light because I powered through the 10 x 10 fairly easily so I'm going to bump it up at least 10 kg next session and see how I travel. I managed to j u s t punch out 10 x 10 for the overhead press so will add 5 kg next week, and I only squeezed out 10 reps on each set for the skull crushers because my triceps were so shot from the 200 previous reps haha.

All in all, it was a decent session. I love the simplicity and not having to change my powercage set up that much during the workout. Weirdly enough, it seemed easier than my normal workouts but I think that is mostly due to not using enough weight on the bench press. The hardest thing for my first time around I think will be choosing adequate weights but the pump was insane - which I think is also assisted by the GMS, Agmatine etc.

Going to possibly do some short yet intense cardio this afternoon - probably hit the punching bag and a little skipping for 10-15 mins and stuff as much food into my gob as I can manage today and get myself mentally and physically prepared for PULL day tomorrow... hmmm, that sounds suss.

Or maybe it's just my dirty mind.
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!
  3. Registered User
    Answers

GVT = German Volume Training?

If so, you are doing it wrong.

Here is my video on it; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    GVT = German Volume Training?

If so, you are doing it wrong.

Here is my video on it; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
    Thanks Ben... Watching it now and learning why 'my version of GVT is crap' LOL.

<3 Bibbo Bibbowski.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MyKH3LL View Post
    Thanks Ben... Watching it now and learning why 'my version of GVT is crap' LOL.

<3 Bibbo Bibbowski.
    lol, I hope the video is interesting.

There was an onslaught of people I know doing GVT and as I have completed training with Charles I always feel it is my duty to help.
    PES Representative
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Answers

lol, I hope the video is interesting.

There was an onslaught of people I know doing GVT and as I have completed training with Charles I always feel it is my duty to help.
    It was great, very informative and now I see why my version is crap.

Seems like I was given a bum-steer with my online research regarding the program. So I need to scrap the PUSH / PULL / LEGS structure and do;

*CHEST / BACK - LEGS / ABS - SHOULDERS / ARMS.

I was pretty much on the money with the tempo so I'll stick to that, but I was doing 60 secs rest so I will increase that to 90 secs.

How about this set up dude -

DAY ONE
    INCLINE BENCH 10 reps - rest 90 secs
    LAT PULLDOWNS - 10 reps - 90 secs

Repeat for 10 sets of each exercises and call it a day.

DAY TWO
    BACK SQUATS 10 reps - rest 90 secs
    ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS 10 reps - rest 90 secs

ABS - I imagine I wouldn't do 10 x 10 for abs yeah?

DAY THREE
    PREACHER CURLS 10 reps - rest 90 secs
    SKULL CRUSHERS 10 reps - rest 90 secs

Repeat for 10 sets of each.

OVERHEAD PRESS 10 reps - rest 90 secs and repeat for 10 sets.

Call it a day.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

To be fair to you, almost everyone I know who was doing a dodgy version of it was doing so because their online research concluded with them looking at a different article.

Lots of people have 'improved' GVT by altering what the programme is about.

Here you go http://www.poliquingroup.com/Article..._Training.aspx
    PES Representative
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Answers

To be fair to you, almost everyone I know who was doing a dodgy version of it was doing so because their online research concluded with them looking at a different article.

Lots of people have 'improved' GVT by altering what the programme is about.

Here you go http://www.poliquingroup.com/Article..._Training.aspx
    Cheers man... that's completely different to what I was going to do! w o w.

So there's even supplementary work which I didn't think was included in GVT.

My limitation is that I train at home so I need to ensure I can perform them all with my equipment.

After day 5 you then do day 1 and day 2 over the weekend for example? So you wouldn't be training the same days each week, more like WEEK 1 and WEEK 2?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Answers

I've kind of had to alter the routine slightly to adjust for my strength levels and equipment. I know this is probably sacrilege but I've tried to keep the basic principles from the article you linked intact. Appreciate your feedback before I get too far into the program though. Thanks again.

CHEST & BACK

- Incline DB presses 10 sets
    [ 90 secs rest ]
    - Lat pulldowns 10 sets

- Flat DB flies 3 sets
    [ 60 secs rest ]
    - Single arm DB rows 3 sets

LEGS & ABS

- Back squats 10 sets
    [ 90 secs rest ]
    - Leg curls - feet outward 10 sets

- Low cable pull ins
    [ 60 secs res ]
    - Standing DB calf raises

DAY OFF.

SHOULDERS & ARMS

- Dips 10 sets
    [ 90 secs ]
    - Incline hammer curls 10 sets

- Rear delt raises
    [ 60 secs]
    - Seated lateral raises

DAY OFF.

Then straight back to CHEST & BACK and repeat until 6 workouts for each body part before taking a 3 week break from GVT and doing a more straight forward Hypertrophy routine.

Dosing my ArA, GMS, LCLT and Agmatine on workout days only 45 mins prior to session.

Amino IV as my Intra (sometimes a second daily dose) and Creatine dosing every day at 5 - 10 g (two scoops of CreIgnite)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. cortisol overload prevention. is it possible?
    By jeff33333 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 08:52 AM
  2. OT-1 as acronym?
    By The Reporter in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 02:13 PM
  3. sodium overloading
    By OmarJackson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 05:10 PM
  4. transdermal mix overload?