Increased arm size with squat routine?

Hellhound

Awards
Anyone remember seeing an article posted somewhere about "squatting for big arms" or something similar to that? I think it basically explained how heavy squats could increase the effectiveness and potential of arm specific training? ?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i remember that thread. something to do with squats increasing GH levels. but, from what i recall, it was determined that any compound exercise does this, not specifically squats.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
it's kind of the 20 rep squat thang

it creates a very anabolic environment through extremely hard , yet brief work, progressive overload, large compound movements, and prodigous amounts of food

GottaMakeIt

Awards
Anyone remember seeing an article posted somewhere about "squatting for big arms" or something similar to that? I think it basically explained how heavy squats could increase the effectiveness and potential of arm specific training? ?
Well, indirectly- yes, Any compound movement will create anabolism throughout the body,, but the *if you want big arms u must work the lower body* myth has been proven false. If you want big arms,, work on ARMS!