Good food low in calories??

Hondaman722

Awards
What sort of food do you guys when on a diet enjoy, that is low in calories but tastes good?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I like cottage cheese,diet pop on a rarity, light string cheese are my go to, casein shake, various veggies, those tuna pouches, love hard boiled eggs, cook up a full carton of egg whites and cover with franks red hot, I always just eat hand fills of turkey lunch meat just watch the sodium, and beef jerkey again watch the sodium.

I do apologize for the worst run on sentence in history. I am just brainstorming as I type this from my phone.

Edit: obviously those are just snack able lean protein sources (besides diet soda). Honestly any time I dieted I would eat many of those foods with out any limitation.

Hondaman722

Awards
I like cottage cheese,diet pop on a rarity, light string cheese are my go to, casein shake, various veggies, those tuna pouches, love hard boiled eggs, cook up a full carton of egg whites and cover with franks red hot, I always just eat hand fills of turkey lunch meat just watch the sodium, and beef jerkey again watch the sodium. I do apologize for the worst run on sentence in history. I am just brainstorming as I type this from my phone.
Thanks, would love to get a bigger thread out of this to see what people comment to see if I'm missing out on anything lol

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
You'll never go wrong using a lean protein source as a guilty pleasure if you can find something you can at least pretend to love.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Stir fry
Veggie-packed casseroles
Wraps, use lettuce wraps for low carb

Use vegetables in place of high carb ingredients in things such as pizza, use Portobello mushroom grill caps as crust. Or use them as a bun for a burger. Mac and cheese or mashed potatoes can be mocked using cauliflower.

Use leaner cuts of meat
Egg whites
Of course salads

The list is endless really, anything low calorie & nutritious.

Best ways to stay full are protein and fibre.

flamini

flamini

Awards
Stir fry
Veggie-packed casseroles
Wraps, use lettuce wraps for low carb

Use vegetables in place of high carb ingredients in things such as pizza, use Portobello mushroom grill caps as crust. Or use them as a bun for a burger. Mac and cheese or mashed potatoes can be mocked using cauliflower.

Use leaner cuts of meat
Egg whites
Of course salads

The list is endless really, anything low calorie & nutritious.

Best ways to stay full are protein and fibre.
All great , protein an fiber ?! In one !!! QUINOA !

flamini

flamini

Awards
Yup it's fantastic look it up, it's a complete protein and carbohydrate

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Any variation of chicken besides fried.... lean beef, turkey, etc