What workout program will fit me best for getting big fast

boxer4ever

Awards
Im going to start off saying I'm 20 years old. I am 6'4, weigh 183 pounds. I am a hard gainer, I have 12.5 inch arms and my goal is to shoot for biggest arms in the shortest amount of time. I began training in high school of 2009 but not correctly. I had 11 inch arms then and was probably 6'2 or 6'3
I began going to my local gym senior year made my own work outs, doing tons of research on the rep and set schemes how to get bigger arms, and I think I finally know how to reach my goal.

All I need is a good workout routine. I began working out consistently last september and took a break over thanksgiving. I began a new routine (8 weeks, is when one should switch their workouts). Im so paranoid on my rep timing, form, and that brings me down. If I were to do 3 sets of 8, i would try my best to hit 8 reps on each set, not the 8-10 reps or what ever. my current program is "Doug's mass muscle building for ectomorphs"

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look up 5/3/1 by Jim wendler. And don't worry so much about bigger arms. Bigger arms will come with strength gains. Do the program and eat big and get big.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well. This is kind of what i recommend the majority of people when they make threads like yours. I recommend this because it has worked for me. But, here it goes:

Training: Wendler 5/3/1 with rest pause sets after main working sets and widowmaker sets for lower body exercises. Accessory template boring but big or dave tate's periodization bible. Use an app called scribd if you have a smart phone, download the new wendler book and the old wendler book read them both, follow the program with your desired accessory template (my favorite two are above).

Nutrition: this is ill address your "hard gainer" issue with some extremely simple advice. Consume more calories. Drink more milk, eat more 80/20 ground beef, eat nut butters, use olive oil is your friend, oats, jasmine rice (my personal favorite rice source). Ill take this time to also advise you to start tracking your calories. I use myfitnesspal, there are other apps/websites that accomplish virtually the same thing. Get in 1g/lb of protein a day AT LEAST, .45-.5 g/lb of fats a day, and fill the rest of your calories with carbs and an assortment of the other macros. Now, this isn't set in stone, but its generally a good starting point. You'll need to figure out your TDEE and eat more than that # by 3-500 calories every day.

Wendler+calorie excess = growth. Confirmed by my account and hundreds if not thousands of others.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look up 5/3/1 by Jim wendler. And don't worry so much about bigger arms. Bigger arms will come with strength gains. Do the program and eat big and get big.
This = summary of my post.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again- 5/3/1 with the Periodization Bible Template + mass amounts of food

boxer4ever

Awards
do you have a chat program, there is too much delay on here

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know 531 gets a ton of good feedback, but the most important thing IMO, with any mass/bulk gaining program ie: Starr/5x5, Madcow, SS, DC, 20 rep squats and on and on is, eating plenty of food, if you are thin or more ectomorph.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Yeah I was going to say, starting strength may be a good place to start, low volume high frequency work. Bill Starr's is a great option too depending where you're already at.

Follow one of those exactly and eat as much as you can. Get in your protein and then don't worry about the other stuff, just keep eating until you're bigger and stronger.