Assistance Band Training 455+lbs - AnabolicMinds.com

Assistance Band Training 455+lbs

  1. Advanced Member
    kBrown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    16455

    Reputation

    Assistance Band Training 455+lbs


    Orbit Nutrition Representative
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com

  2. Advanced Member
    kBrown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    16455

    Reputation

    Orbit Nutrition Representative
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  3. Senior Member
    spinyvegeta's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,023
    Rep Power
    86181

    Reputation Reputation

    Beast
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141050

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Haha, 1 band? I've never seen it done, but fair enough. Some guys like to call reverse band work "future method," because ideally you're handling a weight that you plan to use without assistance in the near future. Just fyi.

    Good work, man.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  5. Advanced Member
    kBrown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    16455

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Haha, 1 band? I've never seen it done, but fair enough. Some guys like to call reverse band work "future method," because ideally you're handling a weight that you plan to use without assistance in the near future. Just fyi.

    Good work, man.
    Yeah I just call it resistence or assistance work. Depending on how we are using the bands. Haven't heard the "future method" term before, but it makes sense.

    What is wrong with 1 band? Wanted some assistance in the bottom, but not much... Probably took about 30-40lbs at the bottom, was a small band. If we had used two, one on each side it probably would have been wayyy too much assistance.
    But, not really a point worth arguing. My training is going well all and all
    Orbit Nutrition Representative
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  6. Advanced Member
    kBrown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    16455

    Reputation



    yes I know my Deadlift is still pathetic. but 2 weeks ago hit 500 conventional stance rack pull. Tuesday sumo with bands 505lbs...

    This weekend I train at 80% my 1RM and next weekend competition.
    Orbit Nutrition Representative
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  7. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141050

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    What is wrong with 1 band? Wanted some assistance in the bottom, but not much... Probably took about 30-40lbs at the bottom, was a small band. If we had used two, one on each side it probably would have been wayyy too much assistance.
    But, not really a point worth arguing. My training is going well all and all
    Not arguing, I was just noting I've never seen or thought to use 1 band.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  8. Advanced Member
    kBrown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    16455

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Not arguing, I was just noting I've never seen or thought to use 1 band.
    I just wanna bench 500
    Orbit Nutrition Representative
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  9. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,591
    Rep Power
    562536

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post

    I just wanna bench 500
    Maddog slingshot and hanging blue bands should do the trick! I saw a 242 hit 520 last meet, he was about your height and yoked to hell and back. You ready, man? I'm psyched.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  10. Advanced Member
    kBrown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    16455

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Maddog slingshot and hanging blue bands should do the trick! I saw a 242 hit 520 last meet, he was about your height and yoked to hell and back. You ready, man? I'm psyched.
    I am super ready. Very pumped. Might have to find a sauna in the area so my girl and I can lose the last few pounds before weigh in. we will see.\
    Orbit Nutrition Representative
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  11. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,591
    Rep Power
    562536

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post

    I am super ready. Very pumped. Might have to find a sauna in the area so my girl and I can lose the last few pounds before weigh in. we will see.\
    Same here, man.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
  2. band training confusion
    By bodytech in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 08:39 AM
  3. Competitive Edge Labs- PCT Assist 5 lbs. of muscle in 30 days
    By longhornsp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 11:48 AM
  4. The lbs of force generated by a pair of doubled mini-bands?
    By Jstrong20 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
  5. Band Training
    By Phoenix rising in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in