can wrist grow in size after 20 years old ?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

can wrist grow in size after 20 years old ?

i have seen research what says that the bone stop growing at 20 age so i am not sure the research include people who training hard and dooing compound in the gym so my question is if my wrist and others joint still can grow after age 20 by include height weight compoud and workout hard ?
    ty guys

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Generally, bone growth and or the plates pretty much close by the late teens or early 20's depending on limb areas etc.
    If you had a growth spurt in your teens, your are probably done most of your greater bone mass growing.
    One can build up the muscles and perhaps the tendons and ligaments may thicken some, but as far as bones getting larger, that is pretty much genetic and it may help to look at most and or other family members statures and builds.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

so if i have ankle :9 and wrist : 6.25 does it mean i will never be able to be as big as someone with wrist :7 for example ?
    does it mean bad genetic ?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.12%

No, no such thing as "bad" genetics. Just genetics and look at it from your own perspective and not measuring yourself in short comings compared to someone else. Do your best to be your best from the start, instead of going in with a negative feeling that someone is better.
    A few things...
    If you are speaking of BBing proportions many smaller guys look better than the larger counterparts just because of the builds or proportions.
    It is also hard to tell how much actual muscle mass you can build onto whatever size bone or height you have.
    My wrists are not 7" either, but I have managed over the years to hit 19" arms, and a reasonably fit looking #235 of BW.
    Lots of guys are smaller, but strong as all **ck.
    Lots of guys I know have small wrists, but big arms too.
    Lastly, never never, never, never, never give up- Winston Churchill
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

i will never give up this is my life (bodybuilding) just would like to know if i have any limitation compare to others my goal is to be astethic like ( matt ogus layon norton etc ) i know it can take about 5 years or more just would like to know if it is possible with my wrist and ankle etc....
    ty very muhc man
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  70 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.52%

I would just like to add that how you get is not only determined by genetics. There are other factors to consider such as your attitude, diet and training. I know of a guy whos wrists are 8inch but he is small compared to his gym partner who has 7inch wrists. For reasons i mentioned earlier
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

of course diet training and attuitude is more important but i asked if all these ( diet training etc good ) if i can get big as all these astethic guys ( matt ogus layon norton , greg plit etc ... )
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  70 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.52%

Yes u could but it would many years of hard work and relentess dedication....
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.13%

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare1234 View Post
    so if i have ankle :9 and wrist : 6.25 does it mean i will never be able to be as big as someone with wrist :7 for example ?
    does it mean bad genetic ?
    Where is this thought/idea coming from ??? Your built they way you are so enjoy it dude , I have tiny wrists but my grip strength/ forearm strength is outstanding, I think the primary reason why is I cut, haul and carry lumber all day. It takes time dude, you have small wrists deal with it and build up everything around it...Deadlift.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  70 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.52%

Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81 View Post

Where is this thought/idea coming from ??? Your built they way you are so enjoy it dude , I have tiny wrists but my grip strength/ forearm strength is outstanding, I think the primary reason why is I cut, haul and carry lumber all day. It takes time dude, you have small wrists deal with it and build up everything around it...Deadlift.
    Couldnt agree more

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. Activate Xtreme? worth it for a 20 year old?
    By SelfKnowledge in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
  3. Hole-in-one For 102-year Old Woman !
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
  4. Lab Results for 20 year old
    By infuriatdrain in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
  5. 20 years old and prolly suffering from Adrenal Fatigue (need some help)
    By ECTOmorph in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 11:32 PM