Uneven level of pump

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To keep it short and sweet- I injured my rotator cuff back in February doing lat pulls. There also might be a winged scapula. It strained my serratus and upper lat where it meets the rear delt.

I've been noticing repeatedly whenever I do back, I don't get the same type of contraction and pump/fullness on the injured side as I do on the normal side. Doing pulldowns is most noticeable and It feels like my lat is just not contracting and totally removed from the rest of my back. It's super hard to explain but I can't get a contraction or mind-muscle connection at all in the injured side.... Any ideas?

I went to a PT in march and he said it was rotator cuff and to just rest... It's been lingering on and off..

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
I had a similar problem for quite some time. The inability to achieve equal mind to muscle connection drove me crazy. I would maintain activity but just keep the weight light and rep the **** of it. The biggest aid in recovery for me was band rehabilitation techniques. I focused on the area and ROM which was most painful and tried to isolate it. Roll it on a tennis ball once a day as well. Good luck bro

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
I just recently incorporated peptides as well and its made a great difference.