acrosse ball vs foam rolling

nightmare1234

Awards
i have no lacrosse ball in my country i can buy only the foam roller ,
so my question is if the foam roller can replace the acrosse ball ?
i still can use the foam roller for small area like the acrosse ball and for big area so can it replace it ?
my goal in buying it is for recovery blood flow and better Performance
ty for answer guys .

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They're different. One's for a large surface, the other is for a smaller surface/trigger points.

It doesn't have to be a lacrosse ball. It can be any hard ball.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not as hard but would be good for a beginner.

Literally, any similar sized ball will work. I've even laid a kettlebell on it's side and used that to work over a slightly larger surface

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ball used in the game of pool, baseball, softball...literally any round object that doesn't compress when force/weight is applied.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty very much ! i think will go on the baseball ball

nightmare1234

Awards
is the basbelll and all the ball u said before as aeffective as the lacrosse ball ?
and the foam roll and the baseball will be enough ? or do i need something more for better resut ?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Baseball would work good I agree. I use a tennis for my real tender spots and the lacrosse for harder/tougher spots.

RomanSoma

Banned
Awards
You may want to check out Soma System tools. They offer balls of different sizes and densities plus many more cool self-bodywork tools

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
softballs are also pretty nice for certain spots that might be a little hard to really reach and penetrate with a lacross ball because the LXC is so small. For instance, any action on the pec minor while on the floor is probably best done with a softball since it can really reach the target and apply lots of pressure with your bodyweight.

nightmare1234

Awards
ok man ty so i will buy tenis ball too,
something else that should i buy or i am done for best result for mobility and warm up ?