lifting round carb nite

leasky33

Awards
i am on the carb nite solution at the moment, while saving up for a Olympic bar and weights, im going to try out using a kettlebell, but im a bit confused how i would work it round when i have my carb ups on a Saturday or Sunday any tips will great

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am on the carb nite solution at the moment, while saving up for a Olympic bar and weights, im going to try out using a kettlebell, but im a bit confused how i would work it round when i have my carb ups on a Saturday or Sunday any tips will great
Always do your carb up after a training session, preferably a high-volume, hard, heavy, long, brutal one. My carb up was always one big meal or two big meals back-to-back.

I did Carb Nite for a month (I'm a quitter, I know) while prepping for a powerlifting meet and it worked well, I went from like 225 to 214 and kept my strength up, I just wasn't recovering from training like I needed to at the time.

Look for bars/weights in the classifieds, bargain publications, craigslist, wherever. You won't have to save up for very long once you find some weights somebody else quit on.

Good luck!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
CarbNite works well but its easy to over stress your body if you plan on lifting hard and heavy.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I've got a couple years of CNS/CBL under my belt so Hit me with you questions and I'll fill you in as best as I can.
Most important part of the diet is the ULC days. Screw those up and you just screwed yourself.

leasky33

Awards
im doing fine on carb nite from October 7th 2014 209.8 lbs and by the 13th December i was 195.8 lbs by Xmas eve i was 196.6 lbs, then over the Xmas period i went back up to 208.5lbs 05/01/15, currently back doing it again, keep forgetting to look out for weights and that but i will, and back playing the indoor bowls before the outdoor bowls starts in April

when the bowls start i be taking a break from carb nite solution, so im either going to try iifym, or go the 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat over the bowling season at my lean mass weight, then go back on carb nite after the bowls is over in September