Wakeboarding shoulder injury

  1. Wakeboarding shoulder injury


    Back in June I tried wakeboarding for the first time.
    Instead of standing up, I got yanked down into the water. I was then dragged under the water face down with my left hand grasping the rope. As you can imagine, it twisted, turned, pulled and hurt my shoulder pretty damn bad.

    The first couple months I could only do decline press and some other select supported movements. Shoulder press was out of the question.
    The past month or so I've been back to pretty much every exercise pain-free, with the exception of shoulder press.
    I can't even press a 20 lb dumbbell over my head without severe pain and restricted movement, yet I can do front, side, and rear raises.

    I'm sure I should probably see a doctor, but I'm going to suck up my pride and try some of those silly looking rehab exercises first. Any tips are appreciated!

    Thanks


  2. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Back in June I tried wakeboarding for the first time.
    Instead of standing up, I got yanked down into the water. I was then dragged under the water face down with my left hand grasping the rope. As you can imagine, it twisted, turned, pulled and hurt my shoulder pretty damn bad.

    The first couple months I could only do decline press and some other select supported movements. Shoulder press was out of the question.
    The past month or so I've been back to pretty much every exercise pain-free, with the exception of shoulder press.
    I can't even press a 20 lb dumbbell over my head without severe pain and restricted movement, yet I can do front, side, and rear raises.

    I'm sure I should probably see a doctor, but I'm going to suck up my pride and try some of those silly looking rehab exercises first. Any tips are appreciated!

    Thanks
    I had something similar happen to me a few years ago, I could do everything but no overhead presses, I went to the doc and had an ultrasound done and it was a partial thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon. Raising your arms above your head puts your shoulders in maximum impingement which is why it aggravates it. Took around 8 weeks to fully heal.

  3. Where is the pain at in the joint or more on the outside of your shoulder?
    Check out my LG Bulk Kit log.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238159-getting-my-bulk-2.html#post4242169
    •   
       


  4. Definitely in the joint.

    Luke did you take an 8 week break? I probably should take some time off...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Definitely in the joint.

    Luke did you take an 8 week break? I probably should take some time off...
    No not really I just had to work around it, I could still do isolation exercises and things like that but I was pretty careful, as soon as there was any discomfort id stop. Another possible thing which happened to a buddy of mine, similar symptoms except he had bursitis, it's when the fluid sack surrounding the joint gets inflamed and impinges within the joint, a cortisone shot fixed him right up.

  6. You can add some band work in like rotation movements but I found that products like Achilles are what really help with the pain I have tried SNS cissus with only moderate relief. I would like to try formatechs flexible to see how that works.
    Check out my LG Bulk Kit log.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238159-getting-my-bulk-2.html#post4242169

  7. Flex it's been 5-6 months. It's prolly time to go to the doc...

  8. I know napalm...I know lol.

    I'm not ready to get sliced and part ways with all of my gains

    I just received a bottle of iForce Joint Help. That helped me get over my knee pain in the past. Going to give that a try with a some time off from shoulder movements I think.

  9. Definitely need to go to a doctor. But those silly shoulder stabilizer exercises really help. I had a huge tear in my shoulder and had to have surgery. Those exercises were a part of my rehab and it's crazy how much they helped.
    Board Rep for PHWSupplements
    Use Coupon code NICK10 for 10% off any order!
    www.phwsupplements.com/

  10. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I know napalm...I know lol. I'm not ready to get sliced and part ways with all of my gains I just received a bottle of iForce Joint Help. That helped me get over my knee pain in the past. Going to give that a try with a some time off from shoulder movements I think.
    Dude, I swear by joint help. It works and is a staple supp of mine.

    But think of it this way: yeah you'll lose some in the short term, but in the long term there's no reason you won't be able to shoot past where you're at now.

    Take a little time off from heavy pressing shyt, but continue to do things like cable internal/external rotations, face pulls and band pull aparts.

    Best of luck brotha...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. help me please (shoulder injury)
    By wantmoresize in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 07:49 AM
  2. shoulder injury
    By thedeaner in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 04:55 PM
  3. Shoulder injury
    By Jag in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:00 PM
  4. could this be another shoulder injury ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 07:11 PM
  5. Shoulder Injury
    By RaulJimenez in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Log in
Log in