Doug Miller.. Massive PR on Deadlifts....

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Doug Miller.. Massive PR on Deadlifts....



    [youtube]T7ATmqbWFIY[/youtube]

    This is just unreal....
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  2. Senior Member
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    499657
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Love how he attacks the bar.

    Good stuff.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    If only he completed just one rep completely...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       

  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If only he completed just one rep completely...
    and i am sure you can pick 635 off the ground..
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  5. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    and i am sure you can pick 635 off the ground..
    With grip assistance, yes, but I don't pull with wrist straps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    With grip assistance, yes, but I don't pull with wrist straps.
    Doug does not use a belt either which makes it damn impressive
    Doug is a bodybuilder not a powerlifter, so if he uses straps or not does not make a difference, his main goal is not strength its how he looks on a stage.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Doug does not use a belt either which makes it damn impressive
    Doug is a bodybuilder not a powerlifter, so if he uses straps or not does not make a difference, his main goal is not strength its how he looks on a stage.
    He doesn't lock out a single rep! I don't care if he uses straps, but lock out one freaking rep.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He doesn't lock out a single rep! I don't care if he uses straps, but lock out one freaking rep.
    I am sure by him "not locking out a rep" it has really hurt his physique and how strong he truly is.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    I am sure by him "not locking out a rep" it has really hurt his physique and how strong he truly is.
    Is red herring for dinner? If he's so strong, then why didn't he complete a single rep?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Is red herring for dinner? If he's so strong, then why didn't he complete a single rep?
    Why dont you ask him
    he has an email address and a website

    again, if i could deadlift my entire life and never complete a rep yet become a pro. i would do the same.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  11. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Why dont you ask him
    he has an email address and a website

    again, if i could deadlift my entire life and never complete a rep yet become a pro. i would do the same.
    Posts video claiming impressive deadlift, then changes the topic once said lift is never completed.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  12. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    And on that day, not a single deadlift was done....
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Posts video claiming impressive deadlift, then changes the topic once said lift is never completed.
    Lets see your 635 x 3 then.
    Ill be waiting for your video upload
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  14. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Lets see your 635 x 3 then.
    Ill be waiting for your video upload
    I'm still waiting to see the guy in the video do a 580 x 1.....

    Why are you so offended by someone pointing out that those aren't full reps? Is that how you DL as well and thats why it's offensive?
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  15. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Lets see your 635 x 3 then.
    Ill be waiting for your video upload
    What will that prove? It still wouldn't make his reps complete. His technique sucks; plain and simple.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What will that prove? It still wouldn't make his reps complete. His technique sucks; plain and simple.
    Your sitting here trying to tell a pro how to deadlift. I guess his sucky form really reflects his physique and how much it has aided his progress over the years.

    Carry on.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  17. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Your sitting here trying to tell a pro how to deadlift. I guess his sucky form really reflects his physique and how much it has aided his progress over the years.

    Carry on.
    FFS, I'm a damn good deadlifter and a highly technical one at that. Again, is red herring for dinner?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  18. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Your sitting here trying to tell a pro how to deadlift. I guess his sucky form really reflects his physique and how much it has aided his progress over the years.

    Carry on.
    What does his physique have to do with locking out deadlifts? Nothing?

    It's a very black and white matter man, the legs are either locked or they aren't. His weren't.

    If I did that at my next meet I would get three red lights, plain and simple.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What does his physique have to do with locking out deadlifts? Nothing?

    It's a very black and white matter man, the legs are either locked or they aren't. His weren't.

    If I did that at my next meet I would get three red lights, plain and simple.
    And doug is a bodybuilder not a powerlifter, i have already written that. Does it matter to doug being a bodybuilder? again, i am sure his physique is really lacking from his deadlifting, maybe if more people half assed their deadlifts they would make so much progress. It goes to show you that lifting is not so black and white, you dont have to complete a lift 100% of the way to make gains and see progress in the gym.

    Lifting is not all about powerlifting, and lifting is not all about bodybuilding, its finding what works for you and what is optimal. Clearly doug is doing something right if he is making progress in his physique and strength.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  20. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    And doug is a bodybuilder not a powerlifter, i have already written that. Does it matter to doug being a bodybuilder? again, i am sure his physique is really lacking from his deadlifting, maybe if more people half assed their deadlifts they would make so much progress. It goes to show you that lifting is not so black and white, you dont have to complete a lift 100% of the way to make gains and see progress in the gym.

    Lifting is not all about powerlifting, and lifting is not all about bodybuilding, its finding what works for you and what is optimal. Clearly doug is doing something right if he is making progress in his physique and strength.
    But that has nothing to do with the fact that it isn't a locked out deadlift. A deadlift is lifting a weight from the floor to an upright, locked out position.

    He might have a great physique, which is his goal. But don't post this in the training forum (there is a bodybuilding forum) expecting people to praise halfway completed deadlifts.


    Lots of pro BBers have awful form with damn near every lift, it might help with the extra volume for growth but it isn't impressive when someone uses back and hip momentum to do BB curls, and in that way it's not impressive to do half deadlifts.

    Or half squats with heavy weight, or anything else that is done halfway complete.

    Sure, his physique might be plenty impressive. But his deadlifting isn't.


    This, is what impressive deadlifting looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnlj...e_gdata_player

    Look at how those legs are locked out, that's a deadlift.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  21. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    And doug is a bodybuilder not a powerlifter, i have already written that. Does it matter to doug being a bodybuilder? again, i am sure his physique is really lacking from his deadlifting, maybe if more people half assed their deadlifts they would make so much progress. It goes to show you that lifting is not so black and white, you dont have to complete a lift 100% of the way to make gains and see progress in the gym.Lifting is not all about powerlifting, and lifting is not all about bodybuilding, its finding what works for you and what is optimal. Clearly doug is doing something right if he is making progress in his physique and strength.
    Dude, you're talking in circles and grasping at straws. If you post a video claiming some impressive deadlifts, then they should be done properly and completed.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    But that has nothing to do with the fact that it isn't a locked out deadlift. A deadlift is lifting a weight from the floor to an upright, locked out position.

    He might have a great physique, which is his goal. But don't post this in the training forum (there is a bodybuilding forum) expecting people to praise halfway completed deadlifts.


    Lots of pro BBers have awful form with damn near every lift, it might help with the extra volume for growth but it isn't impressive when someone uses back and hip momentum to do BB curls, and in that way it's not impressive to do half deadlifts.

    Or half squats with heavy weight, or anything else that is done halfway complete.

    Sure, his physique might be plenty impressive. But his deadlifting isn't.


    This, is what impressive deadlifting looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnlj...e_gdata_player

    Look at how those legs are locked out, that's a deadlift.
    Powerlifting and Bodybuilding both require to "Train" or "Workout"
    So yes he is "Training"
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  23. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Powerlifting and Bodybuilding both require to "Train" or "Workout"
    So yes he is "Training"
    Somebody tried to change the topic and ignore every important part of my post.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  24. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Somebody tried to change the topic and ignore every important part of my post.
    That's all he's done.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's all he's done.
    Still waiting on your impressive 635 x 3
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  26. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Still waiting on your impressive 635 x 3
    Still waiting for you to answer what that will prove. Will that make him complete a rep?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  27. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Still waiting on your impressive 635 x 3
    I'm still waiting on Doug Miller's, although I'm glad you can try to make this personal when someone points out poor form of someone you've probably never met in your life.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,348
    Rep Power
    8009771
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    13.79%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm still waiting on Doug Miller's, although I'm glad you can try to make this personal when someone points out poor form of someone you've probably never met in your life.
    Ive met doug
    Ill be watching for your videos.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  29. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Ive met doug
    Ill be watching for your videos.
    I post videos of all of my training, and competitions.

    And guess what? When someone tells me I have a soft ******* on a deadlift, I fix it, because it's an incomplete lift otherwise.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  30. Senior Member
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    499657
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What does his physique have to do with locking out deadlifts? Nothing? It's a very black and white matter man, the legs are either locked or they aren't. His weren't. If I did that at my next meet I would get three red lights, plain and simple.

    I guess it's a good thing he's not at a meet huh?
  31. Senior Member
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    499657
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anytime someone tries to discredit something that someone else has done needs to look in the mirror first.

    He may not have locked out but none the less he's put in some work to even get 635 off the ground.

    And don't tell me your guys are commenting on his form and strictly pointing out that he didn't lock his knees.

    Your personal bias oozes through your messages.
  32. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Anytime someone tries to discredit something that someone else has done needs to look in the mirror first.

    He may not have locked out but none the less he's put in some work to even get 635 off the ground.

    And don't tell me your guys are commenting on his form and strictly pointing out that he didn't lock his knees.

    Your personal bias oozes through your messages.
    Personal bias? What would that be?


    I'm just not impressed by halfway completed deadlifts. I've seen tons of guys get heavy weight above their knees and not lock it out, and it's still an incomplete DL.

    Locking out 635 x 3 would've been impressive, but getting it to the knees and calling it a completed deadlift isn't.

    Hell, a couple of locked out 500lb deadlifts would've been more impressive (it would be more than 2x BW for him, yeah) than not completing the ones he "did".
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  33. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Anytime someone tries to discredit something that someone else has done needs to look in the mirror first.

    He may not have locked out but none the less he's put in some work to even get 635 off the ground.

    And don't tell me your guys are commenting on his form and strictly pointing out that he didn't lock his knees.

    Your personal bias oozes through your messages.
    Since when is an aversion to non-completed reps a bias? If I really wanted to be a stickler, I could also point out that his lumbar rounds and that he bounces his reps as well. For some reason, all technique critiques now are perceived to be jealousy when in reality this is just bad technique. I don't count incomplete reps and I sure as hell wouldn't count them as a PR.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  34. Senior Member
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    499657
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Is red herring for dinner? If he's so strong, then why didn't he complete a single rep?


    So you don't think he's strong?
  35. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    So you don't think he's strong?
    When did I say he's not?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  36. Senior Member
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    499657
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    When did I say he's not?


    I didn't say you did. I asked if you thought he was not strong based on your comments that if he "was so strong why didn't he complete a single rep."
  37. Senior Member
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    499657
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'll rephrase:

    Do you think he is strong?
  38. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Now that the thread has been turned by two people that suck at logical arguments, the fact still remains that not a single rep was completed at either weight that was shown.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  39. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,383
    Rep Power
    3860421
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I don't think you need to be stronger than someone in order to critique their form...So I don't get the whole "show your videos then" thing.

    Pretty sure we all have the right to say it wasn't a properly completed deadlift....which is fact..so what's the big deal with people saying his reps weren't locked out?

    That's what happens when you post a video. Not everyone has to be impressed with it. I think the 180lb guy pulling 585x5 with flawless form is more impressive.

    Yes. The dude is strong. Why get so butt hurt when someone says the dude isn't perfect with his reps?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  40. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I don't think you need to be stronger than someone in order to critique their form...So I don't get the whole "show your videos then" thing.

    Pretty sure we all have the right to say it wasn't a properly completed deadlift....which is fact..so what's the big deal with people saying his reps weren't locked out?

    That's what happens when you post a video. Not everyone has to be impressed with it. I think the 180lb guy pulling 585x5 with flawless form is more impressive.

    Yes. The dude is strong. Why get butt hurt when someone says the dude isn't perfect with his reps?
    Inb4 Bob takes only "the dude is strong" from this entire post and uses it to prove his point to Rodja.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. help on deadlifts
    By sreed11 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 12:14 AM
  2. New PR on deadlift
    By peterson24 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
  3. PR on deads today
    By glenihan in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 02:14 AM
  4. I will get new PR in Deadlift today!!!!
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 06:14 PM
  5. going for flat bench PR on Monday
    By Bean in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in