Doug Miller.. Massive PR on Deadlifts....

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    lol that's cute.
    Hey, you're the one that thought it was appropriate to include your finances in a thread about deadlifts,

ON A FCKING BB'ING FORUM!

Just sayin...

2. I was 650 puller at one time, not sure if I could have done that even in that style. Strong is strong, that is nice for a bodybuilder. I worked out at Strong and Shapely gym for 7 years, everyone got along great, only on the forums do these arguments arise.
    •   

3. I pulled 315 for four does that make me strong?
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
    I was 650 puller at one time, not sure if I could have done that even in that style. Strong is strong, that is nice for a bodybuilder.
    Agreed and apparently nat, that is some pretty strong pulling right there. And might even be beltless.

I pulled #315 for 4 does that make me strong?
    One or two hands??? :sic
    If it is more than you did last month, then you are stronger kiddo. Enjoy ;-)

5. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    500 is not a strong dead lift by any measure. There were 55 year old guys opening w 500 at worlds last week...
    The term "strong" is a relative term.
    •   

6. Question, why do you powerlifters call deadlifting "pull". He "pulled" so much weight. Just wondering.

7. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Question, why do you powerlifters call deadlifting "pull". He "pulled" so much weight. Just wondering.
    Easier to say than deadlift lol

And essentially, that is what you're doing
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  8. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    I did take notice of how he approached the bar with intensity and focus.
    Have you ever seen a powerlifting meet?

9. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Have you ever seen a powerlifting meet?

Multiple actually. My roommate in college was one of the top ten powerlifters in the country for his age.

And yes it's extremely intense and inspiring.

10. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Question, why do you powerlifters call deadlifting "pull". He "pulled" so much weight. Just wondering.
    Because "yank" is not at all an appropriate form of pulling heavy stuff.

The way it was splained to me years ago is, it involves "scapular retraction" and or drawing a weight towards the torso, instead of pressing it away from.
  11. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

Multiple actually. My roommate in college was one of the top ten powerlifters in the country for his age.

And yes it's extremely intense and inspiring.
    What I'm getting at is the way he approaches the bar has nothing to do With anything. I could scream and pound my chest before I approach the bar, but if I get 2-3 red lights bc i didnt lockout my dead, no one gives a Fyck

12. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    What I'm getting at is the way he approaches the bar has nothing to do With anything. I could scream and pound my chest before I approach the bar, but if I get 2-3 red lights bc i didnt lockout my dead, no one gives a Fyck
    I am going to be honest with you, no one gives a **** if you get white lights either, except maybe your mom, girlfriend and training partners. That goes for all of us, don't take yourself too seriously. I have trained with WPO competitors and world record holders, they get up and go to work in the morning just like the rest of us and no one knows who they are.

13. I remember my first deadlift...
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

14. Geez, between this thread and the "Powerlifting vs Bodybuilding" 'article', it's like there's a gang war going on around here.. Time to choose a side I guess... PL4 Lyfe!

15. YEAAAAAH BUDDY!!!
    Workout Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240313-turnin-into-f-20.html
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyGreatBB

16. Bumping for old times sake haha.
    The reason why bodybuilders shouldn't try to demonstrate strength.
    If anyone wants to question my "merits" as a deadlifter I have 2 videos of me pulling 675. That said just because someone can do something doesn't mean you should take advice from them. Some of the best athletes make the worst coaches.

17. Can't we all just get along and lift heavy **** then go to the buffet
    The Swole Stoner

18. Hi I'm 15 and what is this?
    “To be stronger tomorrow than I am today…”

19. And this thread took an even bigger dump... I've seen it all now.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

20. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    And this thread took an even bigger dump... I've seen it all now.

Haha ya I just had to bump it.

21. I just took a huge dump.

22. I would almost rather look at your poop than read this thread T-bone.

23. I have been blowing it up lately. Good thing I got a brand new toilet.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I have been blowing it up lately. Good thing I got a brand new toilet.
    Sweet.

25. this thread is awesome.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

26. When i seen the words «this thread is awsome» i clicked on it. Now after reading everything from gang wars to some big guy poopin i decide that... frick ya! Im in! o boy

27. Let's get this one going again

28. Read through the thread and all I really took out of it is that @tygatyga really improved his deadlift in one year from 315 x4 to I believe 491
    Cancer Survivor and Fighter--Chemo round 3 06/2015
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help on deadlifts
    By sreed11 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
  2. New PR on deadlift
    By peterson24 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
  3. PR on deads today
    By glenihan in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 01:14 AM
  4. I will get new PR in Deadlift today!!!!
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM
  5. going for flat bench PR on Monday
    By Bean in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:22 PM